Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the reconstituted family bollocks again. What next? Remake of a sci-fi classic in which a rubbish everyday 'alienated' dad overcomes alien odds to salvage not only the world, but more importantly, the respect of his children, his ex-missus and himself?!

Good sci-fi ended with Event Horizon. It was more than just Miller who exited through the black hole.

Edited by Atlanteanlost

The Day The Earth Stood Still - Oh dear me. If you could bottle one film and slap a label on it, this film would be "Hollywood 2008" as it represents EVERYTHING I've come to loathe about the film industry.

The most current and up to date political correctness? Check.

Product placement? Check.

Cheesy plot points and scenes that wouldn't be out of place in a comedy spoof? Check.

Sickening sentimentality? Check.

Remake? Check.

Famous good looking actors, representing "everyday person"? Check.

Absolute w*nk CGI effects featurring far too heavily? Check.

Completely non-engaging and utterly tired and old to those with more than half a brain? Check.

A stupid, naive, half-baked "moral to the story" that is really just government propaganda of some sort? Check.

Edited by Purple Monkey

You will spend most of the time staring at the screen with your mouth slightly open in complete shock.

It is fast becoming the worst large budget film I have ever seen. That position has been occupied by Titanic for a long time now but may well be toppled.