drug searches

Guest dai666

just wondered how many people were caught by the law with drugs on them?

i got through with my weed taped to my foot! lol. the sniffer dog actually walked past my foot and went to another guy! hope he didn't have anything on him, i didn't hang around to see! even with my rucksack on my back and a fully laden trolley i legged up that bit of a hill like an olympic champion!

Lets be honest they were clueless ths year. On both the Sat and Sunday they were parading the dog outside the enterance near the JJB. All you had to do was walk a few more yards to the other enterance and you were in no problems. I bet they caught loads of people at that enterance NOT. :ph34r:

OOh they were so on the ball!

I camped on red and the guys in the tents next to us all got arrested, two hared and not allowed bak, 2 released no charge but all went home the friday.

15 polie, very heavy handed and the sniffer dog, (who incidentally ate my bread when they sent him in our tent and we were nothing to do with it all)

shame as they were really nice guys, it was the one next to them who spoiled it by being very obvious

had a great V though

can't wait for next year

we got police searched on our way in!!!

had to take off wellies and jumpers etc..

she had a good grope :P

but then hardly checked my bag!

i could have had anything in there!!!

this was on thursday though and they were probably bored.

im sure they pick the people who look the least likely to have any, so they don't have any trouble!

the guys next to us snuck it in in a head and shoulders shampoo bottle.. and not just weed.

another guy i met got arrested and put in a cell for 6 hours because he had e and weed on him!!

at one point (when i was drunk) i even asked the police if i would get to sleep in a cell if i pretended to have drugs on me!!

it was the saturday night when it was chucking it down.

what a tit!!

i was at chelms. didnt see a sniffer dog all weekend, had police cycling around the campsite but they seemed to be not bothered. you could smell weed being smoked all weekend and they never stopped. in the arena only saw a few police and again they didnt seem to interested. spent a lot of the time walking around smoking myself and noone said a thing. got told by our neighbours that they had actually bought some pills ( not my thing ) from one of the guys that were picking up litter etc in our site. all in all sounds like we had it far easier.

Hi

I was at V Stafford last week and just got back from Leeds this weekend !

What a difference a week makes.

There are no Police at Leeds , and the only question from security was do you have any glass ?

Security gave my rucksack a half hearted pat , and that was it.

Looking on the forums it seems Reading is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

We took a load of legal stuff with us and got pulled over by the rozzers. Despite the legal status of what we brought in I was still shitting myself while that little Springer Spaniel was giving our gear a good going over.

In the end I think he was more interested in the sausages we'd brought for our Saturday morning fry up tho. B)

The thing is to smoke a joint when you are in the que, it confuses the dog as it is in the atmosphere, comeone I knew was pulled very early in the morning and he handed in his weed and they gave hima caution, did nothing about the pills and all the class A he had hid about his body.

• 4 weeks later...

I got there about 1pm on the thursday and very kindly the police men/women were walking their little doggies awwwwww so we cruised through with no drug search ha ha. Got me bag searched for my knife, you know the round blunt campaing one that you eat with, that can't cut a sausage up ha ha.

Didn't see any people get raided on green campsite or any police at all :D

• 1 month later...

Think they were more interested in trying to catch people smuggling in chairs so they didn't have to sit in 2 foot of mud, or booze or food so they didn't upset the sponsors (I counted 18 sponsors this year). Don't really expect any serious searches for drugs until they're legalised and they risk offending somebody who's spent a fortune for a pitch.

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 3 months later...

Have seen kids spraying themselves with lynx and thinking they're fine - the dogs at the gate for Christ's sake it is hit and miss if it gets you. I don't have this problem as not into them, but if you get stopped and your weekend is over is it worth it?

There were a few people getting weed cautions at the gate on Friday lunchtime and I saw the police heading into red a couple of times in the morning back in '07 - but then the kids in the red area we were in were a bunch of tapped smackheads and I think people got sick of them and reported them.

If you do it and you get caught can't grumble but just make sure its not a weekend destroyer eh.

I personally dont smoke it n had nothing dodgy on me but I know a few ppl that went who had green on them but none of us got searched at all. Didnt even see old bill at the entrance (chelm). I could'a took what the hell I liked in they didnt bat an eye lid at me or my friends that were with me.

Could smell ppl smoking all weekend all over the show, inside the arena as well but no one cared and the only police were riding around on bikes through the walk ways and never went amongst the tents