Lucky, or not?

Guest davi

I am new to Wychwood so I went on this forum just before the fest to get an Idea of the thing. I found many of the forumites interesting and witty, especially the nutter from Newcastle. Anyway - First night, I lay my blanket down and notice a pretty blonde lady who looks a bit pregnant and talking in a German acsent (with geordie undertone} to her good looking kids who are playing with a big pull along cart thing. They have their blanket next to ours. Blankets overlapping at the edge even. I started to wonder if this could be The 3rd Earl's good lady and family. I was gonna ask her but I am a soft shy southerner cockney. Then I noticed a large pitcher of Pimms on their blankey. Surely it must be, all the signs are there but I take no chances and keep quiet. But then along comes a man wearing a paper bag on his head and sits with them. I need no more clues. I wake him up from his chair and ask if he is the gratedenine?

Yes, he was. and a nicer nutter it would be hard to find.

He tried to nick my posh chair though.

I am new to Wychwood so I went on this forum just before the fest to get an Idea of the thing. I found many of the forumites interesting and witty, especially the nutter from Newcastle. Anyway - First night, I lay my blanket down and notice a pretty blonde lady who looks a bit pregnant and talking in a German acsent (with geordie undertone} to her good looking kids who are playing with a big pull along cart thing. They have their blanket next to ours. Blankets overlapping at the edge even. I started to wonder if this could be The 3rd Earl's good lady and family. I was gonna ask her but I am a soft shy southerner cockney. Then I noticed a large pitcher of Pimms on their blankey. Surely it must be, all the signs are there but I take no chances and keep quiet. But then along comes a man wearing a paper bag on his head and sits with them. I need no more clues. I wake him up from his chair and ask if he is the gratedenine?

Yes, he was. and a nicer nutter it would be hard to find.

He tried to nick my posh chair though.

He he he -- I forgot about that paper hat!! I was merely minding your £27 over-priced stool my man!

Seriously marrer--was great talking to you--and was so good to catch a glimpe of you leaving this morning.

x den

Oh God --yes--its coming back to me--- the lassie was dishing out those thimbles of wine wasn`t she? I dont think she was too chuffed at the end!

I think a few others experienced that Larmer nappy tbh.... eeee I tell yer man.

Another goodly deed of mine was to inform all thos blokes who were queing at the bogs round the back of that area--well I would ask them if they were waiting to have a tom --or just a wazz --most did not know that at the end of that line of traps was a Blokes Pissin Trough ---i often espied ladies congegating round there --DONGER HUNTING i suspect.

den

Oh God --yes--its coming back to me--- the lassie was dishing out those thimbles of wine wasn`t she? I dont think she was too chuffed at the end!

Another goodly deed of mine was to inform all thos blokes who were queing at the bogs round the back of that area--well I would ask them if they were waiting to have a tom --or just a wazz --most did not know that at the end of that line of traps was a Blokes Pissin Trough ---i often espied ladies congegating round there --DONGER HUNTING i suspect.

den

den

I abused the hospitality of the orange ladies giving out the thimbles of wine - they were happy with that til one of my friends filled up one of the thimbles with some Old Speckled Hen. they didn't like that at all. Neither did they like us sitting in their chairs for hours on end. Ho hum - never mind.

I didn't witness the 'dump in a hoody' incident - but I did see his hilarious Polish shot-putter effort - or should that be 'sh#t putter'.

btw DAVI, I was the bloke you had the Womad Mud converstion with - after you retrieved your £27 chair!!

Missed it!

Shooting star

It all makes sense now. Nice to meet you marooned.

The £27 chair is well worth it. With a bit of fiddling I can make it stop falling over.

I still maintain they seen you comin when you bought that stool... although the material is good quality... it simply cannot hold a drunken man...and all i was doing was minding it for you.

And O God--its coming back to me --I`m like Arnie in Total Recall --- yes--I WAS shot-putting with that nappy wasn`t I.

Silke is so nice to me--she wouldnt tell me these things for fear of embarrassing me! :D

den

(did i do owt else?)

Oh yes, much owt else.

You nicked and ate me veggi sausage and said it was shite, but said you could not taste anything cos you have asthma.

If I was half a man I would be in a circus!

[

You nicked and ate me veggi sausage and said it was shite, but said you could not taste anything cos you have asthma.

[

Whoa--I wasnt THAT drunk at that time--and I recall your hospitality extended to offering me a friggin red hot chillie from a jar! On declining said chillie-- I was forced into that so-called veggie sausage..the very notion repulses me--but what the hell, it was offered. Never again.. it just defies all principles of being a man.

Just like you can never respect a man who carries a dog or who wears white socks --- how can you think a lot of a bloke who offers Vegetarian sausages at a festival?

den

Fair enougth, the sausage was offered. Impressed that you can remember so much. Thought I could catch you out.

Changing the subject a bit -

We did not get robbed but neighbouring tents did and when thief ran away he fell onto my mates tent and made a hole in it the size of a fridge.

Any tips on repairing it, or just sling it?

Ebay

Shooting Star :D

..regarding thieves Bay - you will be pleased to know, Denis, that I am top bidder on a replacement bottle of Vodka for you.

Is Vladitasteskrap a good make????

I am on the look out for Noodles and Pizza too, though I don't know how they'd fare in postage.

PIZZA - if only Graeme knew the sordid truth about the Pizza - you'd never set your four feet on Cheltenham Racecourse again!

..regarding thieves Bay - you will be pleased to know, Denis, that I am top bidder on a replacement bottle of Vodka for you.

Is Vladitasteskrap a good make????

I am on the look out for Noodles and Pizza too, though I don't know how they'd fare in postage.

PIZZA - if only Graeme knew the sordid truth about the Pizza - you'd never set your four feet on Cheltenham Racecourse again!