Sky Lanterns - anybody taking any this year?

Guest mashy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of you to ask, things are coming together nicely with a few weeks left to finalise everything.

I'm normally a fairly law-abiding kind of chap, but these things were truly wonderful last year... I encourage all to flout the rules and bring 'em, but just be sensible about launching, kids :lol:

+1

Agreed Sam. :lol: I mentioned earlier in this thread I thought they were a beautiful spectacle on the Saturday evening last year - a personal unforgetable Glasto 'moment' in fact.

Used responsibly with little/no wind and away from densely tented areas I think they are okay but that is a personal opinion and I'm sure others with disagree.

I have no wish to see peoples tents and property burnt btw I just enjoy seeing them. :lol:

They look very similar (if not exactly the same) as ones I bought recently.

They are well made, fly well and pretty well idiot-proof. Even when some of the flames licked at the sides of the balloon it didn't crash and burn. I guess thanks to the material being flame proof.

So matter how hammered you are at Glasto you would struggle to do a 'Hindenburg'!

And at a quid a go, cheaper than I paid

No, no not at all. Actually it's an old war wound. I was taking a pee out of my fox hole while on a tour of duty in 'Nam back in 69 when a tank went past and...well, I don't like to talk about it really but I'm sure you get the picture. Actually, I could send you one...no, no I'd just get arrested again and that would be the final straw with the Nurse after last time. Honestly, you've no idea how hard it is trying to find a good lady who will even entertain the idea of a knob shaped like a dustbin lid!

• 1 month later...

Although these would look amazing, I think it is a little irresponsible to release these and potentially cause tent fires.

Imagine your feelings of guilt if one you released ended up causing bad burns to someone.