Where next with the bitch and brats?

notabloodyhippy

With our old favourite Solfest back and smaller than ever, but pricing themselves out of the running; and last years highlight Galtres having soaked their deep fried spuds in the yellow river as far as I'm concerned, I'm at a loss as to where I'm going to take the woman and wee 'uns for their annual dose of culture. Beautiful Days is on the to do list but is a looong way, as is number 6 and Farmer Phils. So front runner is Bearded Theory, can anyone tell me how it compares with Solfest/Galtres re general ambience? My boys aren't toddlers and are self entertaining so don't need a dedicated children's area, but I don't want to spend the weekend playing dodge the blind nobhead like at KC etc. Any other recommendations; north of BT, south of Scottish border?

Haven't been to galtres / solfest, but think bearded will serve you well - if beautiful days is one you've considered already.

It's an 'older' festival - lots of people there have done lots of festivals. It has it's fair share of 'characters' , but the community feel is friendly, considerate and pretty laid back. Dance tent is perhaps the exception, but that's just about the old dancey / raver vibe and is a lovely place to be too, when the urge takes you.

Wish I was able to take my family this year, but sadly we will be missing our first bearded for 5 years.

Edited by si_t

Haven't been to galtres / solfest, but think bearded will serve you well - if beautiful days is one you've considered already.

It's an 'older' festival - lots of people there have done lots of festivals. It has it's fair share of 'characters' , but the community feel is friendly, considerate and pretty laid back. Dance tent is perhaps the exception, but that's just about the old dancey / raver vibe and is a lovely place to be too, when the urge takes you.

Wish I was able to take my family this year, but sadly we will be missing our first bearded for 5 years.

Just reread that . Just to clarify, 'laid back' in a good kinda way only... Lots of the tunes / bands are lively.

There's quite a few hippies though, within the rich tapestry of characters

I agree, my kids have grown up with Bearded, first going in the second year when they were young teens. Last time I went with only one of them who was 18 at the time and he noticed that it is a fetsival which definitly has got it right, during the day its very family friendly (lots of kids around,colourful dress, happy/friendly faces, light folky/comedy music) then as the day wakes up so does the festival and into the evening more grown ups come out to play and the music becomes more heavy and more people are drinking/smoking and the kids slowly dissappear. Its perfect :)

Edited by Cheshire Cat