ilbeyene

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news about Frequency? Can't find anything

copied from Frequency FB page ;)

DAYPARK: Charli XCX * Echosmith * Frittenbude * Eskimo Callboy * lonely the brave * Rae Morris * Dolomite Minor * Eaves

NIGHTPARK: Dumme Jungs (LIVE) * IllSkillz * Tinush * DIZZY BELL * Andy Catana

MAD DECENT STAGE (Nightpark): Diplo * Dillon Francis * Flosstradamus * ZEDS DEAD * What So Not

How much did they have announced last year same time? They're either holding back for something huge or they really have nothing to announce..

Sadly it's probably the latter, this festival stopped being about big bands a while back now. Somewhere around the time the city started to make the organisers pay to use the land.

I doubt there will be a closing act after Kasabian.

I would say headliners currently look like:

Monday - Robbie Williams

Tuesday - Florence and the Machine

Wednesday - Unknown

Thursday - Unknown

Friday - Kasabian

Saturday - Unknown

Sunday - Martin Garrix

The announcements so far are 30%-ish of the total lineup. Depending on who else they can get, we may find that some of those 'Unknown' headliners turn out to be Ellie Goulding, Alt-J or Foals, IMO. But we can all hope they have something better up their sleeves.

Think they'll get another headlining size band (let's wait and hope for third pukkelpop headliner). Avicii likely to headline one night with a band (not so big) before him. And I think we'll probably have The Libertines and Lenny Kravitz.

I agree The Libertines and Avicii seem likely. Kings of Leon have only announced one European show so far and should not be discounted. Would love to see Kendrick announced but seems less likely. Other bands likely to turn up Tame Impala, The Offspring, Limp Bizkit, Major Lazer and FFS.

I believe The Offspring will headline one day with a dj/electro act after them. Last time they played was in 2009 subbing Faith No More and it was a very good concert, so it's time they come back.

The Libertines are around but their tour is strange. I think it's 50-50.
Lenny Kravitz is also a good possibility and would bring some rock to Main Stage. He would be very welcome to me seeing how the lineup is shaping this year.

But I agree, we have to wait for the 3rd Pukkelpop headliner. Or maybe something out of the hat. I don't believe that all the budget increasement of this year will go to Robbie Williams and Party Arena. Maybe it's time for a European exclusive? Sziget management should start thinking about something like that. Think big to grow bigger. Sziget is the Best European Major Festival and should try to be the best again.

EDIT. As @Noeliam said, Kings of Leon's date in Barcelona is a European exclusive, so we can count them out.

Edited by ilbeyene

I personally sent them a message on Facebook asking if they are an european exclusive. Unless they lied to me...

@ilbeyene some bands can be pulled out of a hat for sure if you have the right budget. I'm sure they still have some more money for a big headliner. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Green Day, I don't know! Coldply or Muse would be perfect!

Edited by Noeliam