Primavera Sound 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Barcelona so I know some places.

If last time you went to Sidecar and you had fun in the same Plaça Reial there are two very nice places: Karma and Jamboree. Got to say that usually this places go a lot of foreigners, especially during the week.

Apollo I've only been there on Mondays and Tuesdays. Those are days they have "rock parties" (including Thursdays I think). Last year it has become very famous and a lot of people (too much maybe) go there. But it is a must.

Also a very good place with rock/indie music is Magic. It's very near from El barri del Born, also a very touristic and nice place with a lot of pubs to have a drink.

About Razz (like Apolo i think) it really depends on the day. Maybe the one who didn't like it was only on the main room, "where all the kids go" but if you search they have like "little clubs" in the other floors with a very different environment.

Most of the places the ticket entrance costs 10-15€ with one drink included (except Jamboree). There are cheaper places, but those are really shit in my opinion.

EDIT: I obviously wrote about the rock/indie etc places that I know. Like everywhere else Barcelona has a lot of clubs "dance/house music" etc. Here we call it "pachangueo"

Any questions, no problems on answering them ;)

Edited by sabass7

For anyone asking about drinks prices, last year it was 5 euros a pint from the bars, so £4.50. There's also guys that walk through the crowds down the front and will sell you a two pint drink for 11 euros. People were getting there own drinks in there, though i never tried.

Obviously, they are a 'big' act. And i assume there will be other things to see.......But Outkast? All i can think is *meh*.

(Ducks to hide from the onslaught of abuse. ;p)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, so on 28th they'll announce the full line up, and it will be 'the most balanced in the history of the festival'. We'll see! Can't say that the Dum Dum Girls excite me very much!

Hi, I'm landing in Barca on 31st May and was wondering if they usually offer 1 day tickets as I would love to go, also do they usually announce which bands will be performing on which days when they reveal the lineup on the 28th?

Edited by Blasted

The article says: 28 de enero se presentara el cartel completo, which translates as: on 28th January the full line up will be presented.