Gluten Free!

Guest Jess_Hamilton

you've already posted this...

/topic/175690-gluten-free/?hl=%2Bgluten+%2Bfree#entry4045089">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/175690-gluten-free/?hl=%2Bgluten+%2Bfree#entry4045089

there we be plenty of gluten free options. but no-one can be sure that any food stall will be in the same place as 2 years ago.

ooooh don't upset the forum police by asking a question twice - they get really narky about that!

I had to turn gluten free 3 years ago so did 2010 and 2011 glastos without gluten. It's not a big deal. I take some gluten free cereal + UHT milk and plastic bowls for breakfast. For lunch and dinner there is a pretty good choice still - baked potatoes, potato wedges, curries with rice, even fry ups if you pick the options that you know are gluten free. There's loads of other things to that i can't remember right now, Most stalls will usually know what is gluten free in there range so you can just ask. And of course is obligatory to drink lots and lots of cider! I still miss beer though :-(

Hi Wooderson! Is that the Chippy you mentioned a few years ago? I didn't make it over there, but maybe this year!

A quick summary of info I've provided previously, as someone with Coeliac Disease who works at the festival each year:

La Grande Bouffe - lovely fried potatoes, etc, and sausages, all guaranteed 100% gluten-free when I spoke to the person in charge in both French and English in 2011, just to be sure! They have a few stalls, the best one's in West Holts field.

Leon's, also in West Holts field usually - lots of salads and healthy vegetarian stuff, including gluten-free options.

The Goan fish curry staff - I think this was gluten-free (I didn't try it in the end as I wasn't in the mood for curry) and I think they;re the people that do kedgeree for a gluten-free breakfast too. Also in West Holts field.

The Green Fields have lots of places that will be able to provide you with gf food and are usually much more well informed about what's in the food they are serving.

In 2011 there were a couple of food stalls en route from West Holts to the Other Stage / Pyramid that had "gluten-free options" on their signs / blackboards, including a Caribbean/jerk chicen stall, I think.

Honeybuns had a stall in Babylon somewhere, sorry I can't remember where exactly, and their gf cakes and biscuits are great. I think the bakery/cake stall in the small market area near the Big Top (where Fairy Love usually is) also had a gluten-free cake available, but no bread (at least not when I was there).

So, lots more choice than you probably would have thougt; West Holts field and the Green Fields will probably become your favourite eating places, if they're not already!

Also take some gf snacks, bicsuits, cereal & long-life milk, fruit/nut bars, etc, with you to stave off any temptation when back at your tent and you'll be fine.

Have a great time!