Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Camp Areas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 she bangs the drums

she bangs the drums

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Done Leeds the last few  years and always been in White Village but bringing my 3 nephews this year and considering Green or Brown and looking for a bit of info if anyone can guesstimate this for me:

Walk time/Distance from Red Car Park (where they usually make us park) to Green/Brown

Walk time/Distance to Arena

I need to be able to sell my new camping idea to the rest of the people I'm going with so any realistic timings would be brilliant

Thanks

The new map is up and they have introduced brown car parking this year but this maybe for people arriving on Friday only going off previous years as they usually direct Thursday arrivals on to the Red car par parks, though this of course could change.

I've camped on brown and camper van fields and it takes around 25 mins to get to the Arena in good conditions!

In regards to getting from red car parks to green/brown, it all depends on where they park you, its a big field, we were parked the furthest you could be last year and it took us 45 mins to carry our gear from the car park to the camper van fields.

#42 Happy Alien

Happy Alien

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I think we'll be giving Brown a go this year - I'm sure if we have to a couple of trips to and from the car will do it

Thanks again

#43 Areophobia

Areophobia

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Here is the site map:

http://www.leedsfest...temap_A4_03.jpg

#44 adam1234

adam1234

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

The new map is up and they have introduced brown car parking this year but this maybe for people arriving on Friday only going off previous
years as they usually direct Thursday arrivals on to the Red car par parks, though this of course could change.

I've camped on brown and camper van fields and it takes around 25 mins to get to the Arena in good conditions!

In regards to getting from red car parks to green/brown, it all depends on where they park you, its a big field, we were parked the furthest you could be last year and it took us 45 mins to carry our gear from the car park to the camper van fields.

You must be a slow walker, 20 mins absolute max at a half steady pace