Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

Hi, Im coming from Ireland so I'm guessing I will have to book my train ticket tonight?. What time will you be arriving at the airport, would you want to meet up and travel up together, I have NO CLUE as to where im going or what train/bus or even campsite i gotta head to. Just planning on playing it by ear.

Cheers

J x

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I don't see why we can't meet up :) I'm coming with my sister and its our first propper festival but I went to I Love Techno in Ghent last year so I kinda know which trains to take etc. And you seem like you haven't prepared that much for Rock Werchter! I assume you've got an E Ticket, they have on them a code for booking the e train ticket which you need to print. It's labelled SNCB and its 16 digits long. If you follow the link at the bottom and go to buy ticket, then select Rock werchter, you're coming from Charleroi South airport so you need to put you departure station as CHARLEROI-SUD and the destination as LEUVEN. That's how we've done our tickets. We have to get the train from Charleroi to any of the Brussles stations (there are 3) to take the final train to Leuven. You enter the 16 digit code at the payment screen. Its a return ticket valid from wednesday to monday, so it's pretty much free travel through Belgium. If you're coming with others then they need to book their train tickets too.

When we get to Leuven we just take one of the two buses to the campsites. Our flight is leaving Manchester at somthing riddiculous like 6:40 am! So we're set to arrive at 9:05. What time are you set to arrive?

Hi we are flying from Dublin at 1, so we wont arrive until around 4. Much later than you guys, and im guessing yous will be long gone by 4 haha =/. Do we need to get a bus from the airport to the charleroi-sud station before the train to leuven yeah?

Gonna book this e-ticket now.

It's quite a long journey I hear so unfortunately you'll have missed alot of the music by the time you get there. Yea theres a bus just outside the airport that stops at Charleroi Sud, I think it has an A on it but I'm not sure. It's 3 Euros each. Once you get to Charleroi you need to get the train going to Brussles Nord, Brussles North. And then you get off at either Brussles Midi (South), Brussles Zuid( Central), or Brussles Nord which is the last station. Then take a train to Leuven and one of the two festival buses from Leuven to the campsites. Since it's late many of the camps will have filled up I assume. A1 A2 and A3 would have been open since wednesday so you might want to take the festival bus going to C and B camps. We're going for C3 I think.

http://3.bp.blogspot...1600/rw_map.jpg

Meet times- all at the mobile phone charge point which is easy to find

Meet 15.30 for Bombay Bicycle Club on the Thursday and 18.00 for Temper Trap on the Friday. Should cover everyone (even those watching Jack White can meet us before Temper Trap and organise a later meet).

Thanks so much. Everything is so complicated :(! Wish we could just get off the plane and be there. But im sure we will find our way before friday at least lol. C3 looks like a good spot, would be quiet enough might try for closer to the arena if possible. Btw is all these trains free with the eticket or is it only one way?!

Quick - Who wants a lift in a Porsche to RW via Eurotunnel? From London :)

Hi,

We have three cars going and at the moment, I have a spare seat. We are two porsches and some other old sports car. Mine's a new soft top Boxster. So, if you haven't got MASSES of stuff and want a lift to RW to share the costs and the journey (likely you will get to ride in the Carrera too), please give me a shout urgently at mostoflife@gmail.com

We will leave from Parsons Green, SW6 at around 7am, Thursday morning. Heading to Folkestone for a quick Eurotunnel. Returning Monday afternoon at a leisurely pace. Home for around 6-7 I expect.

This will cost me around £270 in total I imagine. I will ask you for £125, which is pretty good for porsche to RW, and includes the Eurotunnel crossing of course... arrive in style!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

By the way, am totally normal, laid back, nice guy. Am not a a*rse with a small p*nis. I just like to drive. And would be great to have someone along for the ride. Is gonna be a GREAT weekend!

Rich

Thanks so much. Everything is so complicated :(! Wish we could just get off the plane and be there. But im sure we will find our way before friday at least lol. C3 looks like a good spot, would be quiet enough might try for closer to the arena if possible. Btw is all these trains free with the eticket or is it only one way?!

All the trains you need to take will be free, so you can go to the festival and back for free (apart from the 3 Euro bus from the airport), they also cover the festival bus from Leuven. Just as long as you don't use them after monday you'll be fine. We originally wanted a campsite that was quite far so It wouldn't be too loud, but most people here say all the camps are pretty chilled out, so we're picking C3 because it looks like they have the best facilities and stuff.

Oh yea and make sure you don't accidentally sit in first class on the trains like I did last year!

Quick - Who wants a lift in a Porsche to RW via Eurotunnel? From London :)

Hi,

We have three cars going and at the moment, I have a spare seat. We are two porsches and some other old sports car. Mine's a new soft top Boxster. So, if you haven't got MASSES of stuff and want a lift to RW to share the costs and the journey (likely you will get to ride in the Carrera too), please give me a shout urgently at mostoflife@gmail.com

We will leave from Parsons Green, SW6 at around 7am, Thursday morning. Heading to Folkestone for a quick Eurotunnel. Returning Monday afternoon at a leisurely pace. Home for around 6-7 I expect.

This will cost me around £270 in total I imagine. I will ask you for £125, which is pretty good for porsche to RW, and includes the Eurotunnel crossing of course... arrive in style!

Hope to hear from you soon!!

By the way, am totally normal, laid back, nice guy. Am not a a*rse with a small p*nis. I just like to drive. And would be great to have someone along for the ride. Is gonna be a GREAT weekend!

Rich

Well C3 has a bit tent that they serve food from 8 till 12 I think and hot showers and a phone charging station. Some of the main campsites have their own websites so they have information on their. Well basicly it was me and two other guys getting the first train back from Ghent and I think we must have got a little delirious from I <3 Techno because we got on the train, started walking down the carriges and found a section where the seats were nicer, it was warmer, and no one was sat. So we were like "why is no one sat here, it's quite nice here!". I honestly had no idea that it was first class! So we sat down and then eventually the conducter came and told us we were sat in first class! But he knew we from from England and didn't know what we were doing so he didn't charge us extra and just told us to move back into second class. Also when we got to Charleroi station we couldn't find the ticket office and didn't know which train to take, so just ran around saying "I love techno?" to everyone until we got on the right one!

I'm alot more prepared this time!

Ahh i see, recon ill go the the closest one to the arena thats not packed out to be honest. Jesus, ill make sure and stay off the fancy seats! haha!Sounds like a nightmare, any directions to the ticket office from the luggage collection ? And I guess we will be the same running around shouting Rock Werchter, so we have people to travel up with. Also do you know if you are allowed to bring alcohol into the campsites if its in plastic bottles?! :D!