Ufc

just/john

Yeah, it was great watching. I was gutted because whilst searching for the necessary file on google, one of the results was a headline of the outcome.

I was struggling to work out who I wanted to win, and I was kinda mildly disappointed with the result, so I guess I was deep down rooting for the other guy.

Silva all day. Hes a freak. I'd back him vs Jones too. Which should also happen.

They better make those fights. Two/three of the best fights in UFC at their mercy right now. Looks like Silva vs GSP will happen and then hopefully Silva vs Jones. Silva wants to fight them both.

Edited by The Nal

Unless it happens at 170, Anderson goes into the cage at 200 ish, GSP 185 ish. Most of the time, that isnt even a contest.

This fight was going to happen before. The reason it fell through is because GSP brought up Chael to wrestle with him, and GSP realised that his wrestling wasnt up to scratch.

The fight would be intriguing, but the last high profile champ v champ match was a total mismatch. I'm not saying the fight shouldn't happen, but we do have weight classes for a reason. I'm sure enough money would be thrown around to make it happen.

As for Silva v Jones. Anderson Silva wants no part of Jon Jones. Look at the size difference there!

Unless it happens at 170, Anderson goes into the cage at 200 ish, GSP 185 ish. Most of the time, that isnt even a contest.

This fight was going to happen before. The reason it fell through is because GSP brought up Chael to wrestle with him, and GSP realised that his wrestling wasnt up to scratch.

The fight would be intriguing, but the last high profile champ v champ match was a total mismatch. I'm not saying the fight shouldn't happen, but we do have weight classes for a reason. I'm sure enough money would be thrown around to make it happen.

As for Silva v Jones. Anderson Silva wants no part of Jon Jones. Look at the size difference there!

He said at the weekend hes on for a fight with GSP and then maybe Jones. He may not want to but there'll be too much money there to turn down I reckon.

If he fights GSP then Jones then the Middleweight division is effectively suspended until 2014.

It cant happen, you've got Bisping v Belfort in what is effectively a #1 contenders match, Weidman v Boetsch as well.

Silva may be Greatest of all time and pound for pound best in the world (whatever that means) but Silva v GSP and Silva v Jones are not fair fights.

• 1 month later...

Just watched the first ep of the new season of The Ultimate Fighter with Jones and Sonnen, looks like its gonna be a good one. The english Lad Luke looks like he's gonna be an interesting watch.

only downside - more tears than your average xfactor episode.

Edited by t8yman

Anyone see Vitor last weekend? Pretty average show but the main event was half decent,

Fast forwarded most of it and just watched the main event. Belfort vs Silva rematch happening now then?

Grabbed the first ep of that Ultimate Fighter earlier. Hate reality TV but since it's UFC it might be arlight. Never seen any of it before except the first season finale. What a battle that was.

Belfort vs Silva rematch happening now then?

Looks like it going to happen yeah. Last time was a disappointment due to being so short. And was Vitors first fight in 18 months or so.

I love Vitor. Great fighter. But hes the nearly man in UFC. Really needs to beat one of the big boys to be considered an all time great. Anytime hes come up again a top top fighter he's generally lost - Jones, Silva, Henderson, Overeem, Ortiz, Couture, Liddell.

Hes like Mike Tyson in that regard.

Although he was about 2 degrees away from breaking Jones arm last time. Very unlucky in that fight.

By the way, if you're on Facebook, have a look at "The Fight Depot". Excellent! And really vicious!

Edited by The Nal