Gay at Glastonbury?

Guest Tabitharocks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to ask a similar question. I have red hair and was wondering if Glastonbury did anything to cater for me?

Anyway it wouldn't be Glastonbury without somebody starting a thread on here about "is there anything at Glasto for gays" and other people posting up replies that vary between "this is Glasto, you don't need spesh treatment, everyone's equal" and "woar - look, lezzers!"

I'm getting all excited <_< just seeing all the regular threads - it's making me think it must be nearly June again.

In fact, I might start a thread about food stalls, car parking, camping, toilets or "Glasto's not as good as it used to be"...

-_-:D:P

Don't think there is any need for all the piss taking on this thread - some people have genuine concerns over what is accepted and not accepted at different places. Most of us already know that Glastonbury is 'all-inclusive' in terms of your sexual preference, but society has forced people to ask these questions - take Leeds festival for instance, I know for certain that homosexuality is frowned upon there as a mate of mine was peaten to a pulp by some homophobes!

Anyway - since being straight is 100% socially accepted it is easy for straight people to meet other straight people. If a gay person goes to glastonbury and wants to meet with other gat people - it can be a bit difficult to spot, unless you have a fantastic gaydar! <_<

So in answer to the first question - there are gay goings on at glastonbury in specific places and all over the site! It's a very comfortable place to be. There were the activities in Trash City last year which were a good laugh and there is usually a gay meet arranged for the Wednesday or Thursday night - sometimes the details are even posted on here!!!

Hey, hey, hey !! -_-

Leeds Festival does not 'frown' on anyone. As it is with Riots, Thefts and Antisocial behaviour - some idiots at any event are going to be intolerant/abusive/violent etc.

I think it was a very fair question in the first place, and amongst the lighthearted banter there is information for the person who asked it.

I think in the festie spirit as a whole, no-one is judged for anything - thats what makes festivals so great!!

So lets be nice <_<

Edited by BiBi_Fest