Art and Crafts for Adults

Guest fted

I'm an adult and enjoying making arts and crafts at Wychwoods 2005 and 2006 but at 2007 the arts and crafts workshops seemed very much to be aimed at kids and I didn't feel right taking up their places! Is there any chance of having some arts and craft sessions that are aimed at adults this year?

hi

jem here - i look after all the workshops and family activities at the festival.

we have tried at previous festivals to put on craft / making sessions for all ages - with an emphasis on childrens / family activities. many of the activities are suitable for adults but once the sessions are running i know that they are very busy, mainly with children and it can be a bit inhibiting to get involved. we have done a few adult only sessions each year and i hope that this year there will be a few more. keep an eye on the website and i will try to flag up any sessions that are just for adults.

i know that some people see the workshops area as the 'kids' area when there are lots of activities for all ages and i hope to be able to indicate sessions aimed at adults more clearly in the programme.

last year we had a great storyteller who's stories are aimed at adults but he ended up with lots of kids as many people think storytelling is just for kids.

jem

• 3 weeks later...