Rock im Park

Guest tommay

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep cant wait now - goin up to newacastle for a little festival on monday, just to warm up, then a gig @ anfield the week after, just to get me even more in the mood then, yep, im off. cant wait now. the days in work cant go fast enough

HI guys!!

Were a group flying out from DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES to Rock Im Park 2008 and we cant be more excited!!!!!

Were flying all the way ( 7 hours) mainly to see Metallica! I cant speak any German, so i hope you guys can help!

- Were staying in the Holiday Inn .. how far is that from the venue??

- I want to be FRONT ROW!! for Metallica!!! how can I do that? Remember I am flying about 7 hours to Munich, 1 hour train to Nuremberg just to see Metallica - what advice can you give me to be front row? Im thinking of wakin up early (about 6 am), taking a taxi to the venue and run to the front when doors open! What do you guys think?

I think going at 6am is a bit crazy!!!

Metallica won't be on till like 10pm. So you'll need to eat and go to the toilet before then!

I would say arrive early, check out the festival site, see a few different bands then get to the main stage a couple of hours before Metallica and push your way to the front.

Not long to go now!

*rrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

If you are at the front row by 6pm you should be good. most people are not there for Metallica, but the whole line up. I actually it kinda sucks to have people doing this along anyways, as you ruin the atmosphere for the other bands and their fans and also take up the best spots for bands you don't even want to see. No offence, but the festival is about more bands than just Metallica.

If you are at the front row by 6pm you should be good. most people are not there for Metallica, but the whole line up. I actually it kinda sucks to have people doing this along anyways, as you ruin the atmosphere for the other bands and their fans and also take up the best spots for bands you don't even want to see. No offence, but the festival is about more bands than just Metallica.

Hey guys,

does anyone know the exact times / running order that the bands will be playing at?

My friend and I wanna know which bands clash for us, and in the official site they don't state times... only which bands plays at which day / stage.

and I assume we can't take the Rock am Ring times... cause it will probably be different for RIP.

help guys!

Thanks in advance,

Johnny.

Edited by JohnnyBoy33

being at the front for bands i always found pointless as ya get the same thing by just watching them on TV, i tend to stay around the pit area as you get to do yer own thing like dance, mosh and more importantly breathe! lol

Breathing is good!

I always have a chuckle at the people who queue up hours to be at the front then have to move back after 10seconds because they cannot handle the crush.

I have to agree that it's best not too near the front so you can jump around and enjoy the music. At the very front you are just squished up and may spend the entire gig staring at James' feet because you can't move your head :lol:

eeh.. surely a moderator should remove that entry? totally irrelevant. start your own thread for things like that.

anyway, we'll be arriving thursday morning so i guess that gives lintvedt the responsibility of creating the Viking Camp flag so we can target ourselves when we get there :lol:

Stage times are now up on the official website.

Motorhead and Rage clash is the hardest decision I've had to make at a festival <_<

Leaving in 2 days, cannot wait!

Edited by rockchick87

dude, motörhead will definitely be doing more tours whereas rage has this whole "will they-wont they-will they-wont they" thing going on, so hey i'm headed for rage all the way. i don't want to have missed their set and then discovering they only did one tour and missed your chance! no f**king way! <_<

I'm pretty gutted about the rage vs motorhead clash. Both the main two bands I wanted to see! wonder what the chances of them moving the times are?

I won't be/cant afford to see them at any other of their dates this year, mind you there is a good chance rage will call it a day again so..

wonder would it be possible to catch the tail end of motorheads set??

notice this clash isn't happening at rock am ring grr

other clashes i noticed

manics vs offspring (seen the manics before so will prob go offspring)

nightwish vs paramore (battle of the chicks! will try see bit of both, allrrite)

how packed is the club stage usually?? do they ever have to turn people away??

Edited by tm81