Benicassim

Guest live_forever87

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I too am a first-time to this Benicassim lark, but I'm feeling a wee bit panicky at the seemingly lack of availability of accommodation that's left! I've tried all the links provided on here, but am having no luck, and the fact that most sites are in Spanish is not helping! I was just wondering has anyone got any suggestions of where to stay near Beni? Would Oropesa del Mar or Castellon be ok to stay in, or are they seriously far out? Also, what are the transport links like if I was to stay outside of Beni? Apparently there's some shuttle buses that connect to the festival site but I can't seem to find any info on them on the net...

Any info would be greatly appreciated - once we've somewhere to stay I can start to get really excited!!

Thanks a mill

Putting feelers out for anyone wanting to stay in an apartment in Beni!! I've booked a 6 person apartment near to the beach. Me and my mate are goin, and a few others interested but haven't confirmed yet!! Let me know if anyone's interested!? It's £250 from the 16th July (I think it's until 31st July - I'm waiting to here back from ######)

Me and my mate did the apartment thing last year and it was brilliant, this year we're gonna leave on the Tuesday after the festival and get the ferry across to Ibiza for 2 weeks!! woop woop :)

Hi all, Going to Benicassim for first time this year. Just a question, do UK mobile phones work over there? I'm on O2 network. It's just I know I will at various points lose all my friends and forget where I am camped so will need to send the odd text to find them! Does it cost loads?

Also, Is it worth taking a sleeping bag, or I am seriously underestimating the heat out there!?

cheers!

Yea they work fine!! They just roam to find the local network!! It is a little bit more expencive but more than useful to find you mates, i lost mine all the time last year, i made about £30 worth of calls on my contract whilst in spain, but a few of them were back to home as well !!!

Take a spare battery as well.

I didnt take a sleeping bag last year, you wont need one! I just took a sheet to cover myself up with if i wasnt in too much of a state to find it! That way i didnt get eaten by things!!

Hi all, Going to Benicassim for first time this year. Just a question, do UK mobile phones work over there? I'm on O2 network. It's just I know I will at various points lose all my friends and forget where I am camped so will need to send the odd text to find them! Does it cost loads?

Also, Is it worth taking a sleeping bag, or I am seriously underestimating the heat out there!?

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked my ticks...! cant wait...flyin in to Valencia on Monday 14th and comin back on Monday the 21st at 1pm... Read all the positive nd negative comments and personally i cant wait! it sounds like it is a bit over the top maybe the whole 8 nights it will be for us campin...but it sounds like something which has to be done atleast once! gonna be pleased to get away from V fest for a year anyway :)

what about the water park i heard mentioned somewher then? is it actual in the festival site...or just in the village of Benicassim which they open for festival goers? but ye...ya gotta love water parks :P

Hello!

I too am a first-time to this Benicassim lark, but I'm feeling a wee bit panicky at the seemingly lack of availability of accommodation that's left! I've tried all the links provided on here, but am having no luck, and the fact that most sites are in Spanish is not helping! I was just wondering has anyone got any suggestions of where to stay near Beni? Would Oropesa del Mar or Castellon be ok to stay in, or are they seriously far out? Also, what are the transport links like if I was to stay outside of Beni? Apparently there's some shuttle buses that connect to the festival site but I can't seem to find any info on them on the net...

Any info would be greatly appreciated - once we've somewhere to stay I can start to get really excited!!

Thanks a mill

hmmm, everyone seems to be a bit apprehensive about camping, is it really as bad as people say? i fear that i havnt done my research and am camping for a week, good or bad move?

well any tips on sleeping, other than try getting a spot under some trees?

also does anyone know where abouts i could get a map of either like the arena or campsites?

cheers :P

Camping is not a problem at all! It does get hot, but when you get too hot go jump in a cool shower and it will sort you out! Spend the hottest part of the day on the beach in the sea and somewhere with shade. Enjoy a nice cold beer but have a bottle of water at the same time! Once the evening come it cools down to a perfect shorts and loose top temp! you wont be going to bed back at the campsite till about 7am and will probably only manage to catch 2-3 hours of sleep before it gets too hot, then you can go back to the beach!!

Camping is so much more fun then staying in a hotel. I just have a hotel for the tues night after the festival to clean up and get a good nights sleep before flying home.

Camping is not a problem at all! It does get hot, but when you get too hot go jump in a cool shower and it will sort you out! Spend the hottest part of the day on the beach in the sea and somewhere with shade. Enjoy a nice cold beer but have a bottle of water at the same time! Once the evening come it cools down to a perfect shorts and loose top temp! you wont be going to bed back at the campsite till about 7am and will probably only manage to catch 2-3 hours of sleep before it gets too hot, then you can go back to the beach!!

Camping is so much more fun then staying in a hotel. I just have a hotel for the tues night after the festival to clean up and get a good nights sleep before flying home.

Camping rocks....hotels etc are for pussies!!

Man, it´s just a bit of sun. It´s not like ya sitting around the campsite all day...it´s mainly somewhere to just put ya stuff...if ya have any that is.

All day on the beach, swimming in the gorgeous Med..shower on the beach (better than on the camp), back to campsite..get wasted, festie...you get the idea. :P

As i have said a few times...my mates came with me a few years ago, some stayed in hotels..the ones that did said to me on the last night "Not a very social festie is it?" I nearly fell over....i met hundreds of people, on the campsites etc...it´s a huge part of Beni for me!!

Oh, don´t forget...bring or better buy when ya there..a sheet or something..for shade!!

hey all - thought id offer a bit of advice for any newbies, plus i need to get back on this thing, im being quite antisocial compared to last year.

really dont bring a lot of stuff, its just not necessary. last yr i took about 1/2 what i did the 1st yr and it was still too much, this yr i think im just gonna take hand luggage on the plane. (somehow dont think the missus will manage this, how can i talk her out of taking the straighteners?!?)

theres a cool little chinese bazaar shop on the corner in town. go there, buy a lilo (for beach and bed back at camp) a parasol (for shade for beach - its so much easier to sleep there) and a coolbox. then you've got everything you need, literally...

anyway - hi to all the folks and its good to see theres lots of new folk, despite the crawling lineup!

m :P

hmmm, everyone seems to be a bit apprehensive about camping, is it really as bad as people say? i fear that i havnt done my research and am camping for a week, good or bad move?

well any tips on sleeping, other than try getting a spot under some trees?

also does anyone know where abouts i could get a map of either like the arena or campsites?

cheers :P

hmm festie girl - it seems only fair if you're gonna come invading our campfib bar, then were just gonna have to come invade your apartment pool, or at least try and rig your aircon up in one of our tents!

but yeah, 2006 was bloomin hot, i mean, disturbingly hot. i think it actually rained on us last year when we were walking back from the beach one day. that was the nicest rain in the world ever...

hmm festie girl - it seems only fair if you're gonna come invading our campfib bar, then were just gonna have to come invade your apartment pool, or at least try and rig your aircon up in one of our tents!

but yeah, 2006 was bloomin hot, i mean, disturbingly hot. i think it actually rained on us last year when we were walking back from the beach one day. that was the nicest rain in the world ever...

Edited by festival*girl