Benicassim

Guest live_forever87

apparently from Valencia which is nearest.... there are coaches running to the festival site..ont he 14th anyway..not sure about other days...i think they can be booked in advance or u can just hop on when u arrive in Valencia...I THINK! if someone could confirm this it would be appreciated! would also like to know wether they run coaches back to the airport on the Monday after the festival? or is it just on the tuesday?

thanks...

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get a train from Valencia to Beni if I were you. There is a stall on beside the exit selling bus tickets to the festival, but they were quite expensive (50 - 60 euro I think). We caught a blue bus outside the airport which took us straight to the train station. We caught a very clean modern train to Benicassim and it cost us only 9 euro, plus we had a couple of hours to kill in the centre of Valencia which was nice.

Just make sure if you are planning to return to Valencia or Barcelona by train, book your train ticket in advance, as the ques were horrendous at the station, and some people missed the train because they didn't book.

Fantastic. thanks a lot

Not done it from Lancashire but have driven from Southampton a few times, via Dover.

You can get there in a few days if you drive long days. Best places to sleep are rest stops on toll motorways in France, these are free, have toilets and some are really nice. You can camp in them but watch your valuables. They're shown on most French road maps. There's loads to see all through France and Spain, best to get a guide book and have a look what's on the route. The motorway past Clermont Ferrand in France is really nice, it goes over a wicked bridge then down through the mountains to the Med. Bit hilly though

There's a few good campsites just to the south of Barcelona, next to the beach. You can get the bus into the city for 1 euro from right outside them. There's also a truck stop just after the Spanish border which has loads of discount booze warehouses, entire supermarkets full of dirt cheap booze...festival heaven! in the same truckstop is an all you can eat / drink buffet which is 15 euro and has masses and masses of loads of different food. I've been there twice and nearly popped both times cos I've eaten to much!

Putting feelers out for anyone wanting to stay in an apartment in Beni!! I've booked a 6 person apartment near to the beach. Me and my mate are goin, and a few others interested but haven't confirmed yet!! Let me know if anyone's interested!? It's £250 from the 16th July (I think it's until 31st July - I'm waiting to here back from ######)

Me and my mate did the apartment thing last year and it was brilliant, this year we're gonna leave on the Tuesday after the festival and get the ferry across to Ibiza for 2 weeks!! woop woop :ph34r:

:ph34r: hi all

me and my friends are going to go for the VIP tickets to benicassim this year

ordering tickets at end of this month (jan)

vip worth it?

is there any cheap places to stay besides camping?

if not as homo and against festival spirts as it is

is there anywhere i can plug in straighteners and use them within camp sites or the water park?

Perry

xxxx

Putting feelers out for anyone wanting to stay in an apartment in Beni!! I've booked a 6 person apartment near to the beach. Me and my mate are goin, and a few others interested but haven't confirmed yet!! Let me know if anyone's interested!? It's £250 from the 16th July (I think it's until 31st July - I'm waiting to here back from ######)

Me and my mate did the apartment thing last year and it was brilliant, this year we're gonna leave on the Tuesday after the festival and get the ferry across to Ibiza for 2 weeks!! woop woop :ph34r:

Alright cats, thinkin of going this year. Can anyone tell me if its worth stayin in Benicassim for a few days before/after the festival? Is there much to do? Is it busy? We were thinkin of goin to Valencia or Barca for a few days after the festival but if Beni's worth stayin in, we'll opt for that.

Nice one

Jay

I went to Beni last year and am going again this year too becausei t was such fun. Thought I could help with a few answers to some of the questions on here. Firstly, you do need to book your train tickets between Barca and Beni in advance, but they do not take bookings until a month or two before the time. Leaving on the Monday afer the festival was a nightmare with so many people piling onto the trains and many getting the worng ones. Luckily as me and my friends had booked we got seats and the carriage was lovely and air conditioned (a relief after waiting at the statoin for a delayed train with no water and nowhere to buy any).

Secondly, about the campsites-they fill them up one by one with Bonet being first open. Once that is full they move on to the others which are closer to the festival but not as nice. If you have a camping ticket you will have somewhere to camp.

Thirdly- we went to Beni a few days earlier than the festival and while the town is lovely, there is not much to do. But a day trip to Valencia is easy and the waterpark was great too, especially if you go before the first festival site opens.

Hope this helps a bit!

There are two outdoor nightclubs which are open before the festival starts that have good dj's on. They're behind the waterpark across from the festival site on the road that heads towards hotel orange. We went on the Tues and Weds before the festival started last year but they were pretty expensive.

anyone doing anything mental after beni?

me and my mate's are heading over to salou for 5 days.. never been tho, anyone know if it's any good?!

and anyone know roughly when a more substantial lineup is gonna be released?

cheeers

marty

Edited by st00ka

I went to benicassim in 2006 with a couple of mates. We rode down on the motorbikes, probably the best holiday I've ever had, So I am doing the same thing again this year. In 2006 we stayed on the campsite next to the festival, which was great in the sense of being so close to music (and communal showers :lol: ).

But this year we have booked an apartment through cristina (she posts threads on here sometimes). I was wondering if anyone had stayed at any of her places before and what they were like? I expect it to be small but all im really bothered about is getting a good few hours kip without the risk of drowning in my own sweat in my tent!

We took about a week getting there in 2006 and another week going back, so will be taking another 3 weeks out for this run. Is anyone else travelling down? Think we might zig zag our way through france, germany, switzerland, italy and andorra....

i'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts?....

ok this may sound like a wierd question...

my boyfriend and i are travelling round europe from may to june and were going to rock werchter (start of july) but the line up thats just been announced is pretty rubbish and doesn't look like it'll get better. we've looked into other festivals (i really want to go to a european festival as opposed to the normal mundane british ones i've been to) but they're either at wierd times (i.e. have to stay somewhere for ages or lose days travelling with our rail pass)

so, i thought about volunteering/working in spain for 2 weeks or so before beni. i found some cool organic farms but they either want volunteers for longer periods of time, or to pay. anyone ever volunteered in europe before/after a festival or has anyone got an advice/info as i would love to finish off the travelling with some nice time on the beach!

told you it was wierd...

Me and a friend are heading up (from Malta) to Beni this year, Been to Spain twice this year and loved it. Planning on learning a bit o' spanish before i go up just to make things easier for us.

We will be flying up on the 12th and flying back on the 24th so we will have a nice long holiday. Haven't decided on where we will stay before and after camping is open but we will just risk it and not plan anything, we are camping for sure when the campsites are open and plan to be one of the first into bonet to try get a good place. It's the first time going to Beni but 2nd international festival (went to Rock am Ring last year and it was just amazing), hoping this one will be just as good but expecting it to be better.

Me and the mate will be handing out FREE MALTESE HUGS, for those of you that do no know what a maltese hug is all about it's just like any other hig but from a Maltese person and so we all know those are the best. So if you see 2 guys walking around and you will know that we are maltese (somehow you will just know) don't be afraid to come for a free hug.

I hate the heat but i love camping so i will just tough it out and try make myself as cool as possible by always being wet.

Hope to see you all there. Enjoy