• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWO today:

Wed: 15C, 0mm rain

Thu: 15C, 0mm rain

Fri: 15C, 0mm rain

Sat: 15C, 0mm rain

Sun: 15C, 1mm rain

Although all that repetition suggests it's still outside proper forecasting range.

Edited by ukslim

every weather forecast i look at is saying it's going to start raining today and never stop. it's looking biblical. metcheck have completely uturned on yesterday's late optimism, as have netweather. so far the bbc are the only people saying that there will be any let up in the rain at all (this coming saturday). the only good news for glasto is they seem to be suggesting that the east will get the lion's share of the rain.

pissed off with weather now. am going to need to join weather forecasts anonymous soon.

also leading me to believe that human beings know squat about how the weather on our planet works. which is interesting given the certainty with which we are predicted our imminent boiling alive in our own skins. hrumph.

every weather forecast i look at is saying it's going to start raining today and never stop. it's looking biblical. metcheck have completely uturned on yesterday's late optimism, as have netweather. so far the bbc are the only people saying that there will be any let up in the rain at all (this coming saturday). the only good news for glasto is they seem to be suggesting that the east will get the lion's share of the rain.

pissed off with weather now. am going to need to join weather forecasts anonymous soon.

also leading me to believe that human beings know squat about how the weather on our planet works. which is interesting given the certainty with which we are predicted our imminent boiling alive in our own skins. hrumph.

I'd keep an eye on netweather, as the blog suggests usually a day before, what the other websites forecast the day after.

I'd take Accuweather over Metcheck at the moment, but as netweather has suggested the weather must be on the finest of lines, Then again they are wrong in Bournemouth once again.

BBC is actually spot on for Bournemouth at the moment, just to inform you.

I bet the end result will be unsettled.

To add to the coffee cup analogy somewhere else in this forum, here's another example of how it's perfectly reasonable to be quite good at short range predictions, quite good at long range predictions, yet rubbish at medium range predictions:

I forecast with great confidence that I'll be at work this afternoon.

I forecast with similar confidence that I'll be in a field in Somerset in 10 days' time.

I really have no idea what I'll be doing in 2030: not even what country I'll be living in.

I forecast with great confidence that in the year 3000 I'll be dead.

and i forecast that provided peeps take adequate precautions via their rubber wear (and precisely where they camp - stay clear of flood zones!) , a great time will be had regardless of the weather.

oh, and cheap, flimsy tents (i.e. the average tent these days) are just no good in peristent rain.

Haven't had a chance yet to recheck for exactly when that blog was updated, but at the moment, the Netweather blog, uk.weather and Accuweather are all agreed that the outlook seems pretty terrible.

Loads of rain most/all days, and shite temperatures. Quite strong winds, too ... :(

This is in stark contrast to the somewhat more encouraging (if far from brilliant) prospects given on the same links yesterday.

We can but hope that the prospects revert to a somewhat more encouraging outlook sometime in the next day or two. As Matty says, conditions now are on a knife-edge, culd swing either way, with currently, the rainier/colder side winning by the look of it. So prospects might swing back, a bit ...

My best guess just now are that the chances of this happening are less than 50/50.

If all **up to date** forecasts are still all agreed on Saturday/Sunday that there'll be rain, then WHATEVER happened over Strawberry Fair/Wychwood/Sunrise/Download weekend, the chances are much stronger than not that Glastonbury will be wet.

Top Tip : Watch 'Countryfile', BBC1, Sunday 17th, I *think* 11:30 to midday, but you'd need to check the time. Half way through, the BBC gives an excellent country/farmer-oriented forecast covering the forthcoming week. Usually pretty reliable.

34 people reading this topic right now. Either it's a slow work day or everyone is starting to get twitchy about the weather.....

Edited by South

and i forecast that provided peeps take adequate precautions via their rubber wear (and precisely where they camp - stay clear of flood zones!) , a great time will be had regardless of the weather.

oh, and cheap, flimsy tents (i.e. the average tent these days) are just no good in peristent rain.