PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

i love u2 ALOT, whored there last tour over here to death, there gig in dublin at croke park (first night) was mindblowing, closest ive ever come to crying at a gig (ill happily admit it), never witnessed at atmosphere like it. think i might see how much its gonna cost to go out to hawaii for u2 and pearl jam, thats a bloody amazing lineup

anyways, back to pearl jam. anyone else got much of there live stuff from the current tour? managed to get hold of the san francisco and albany sets, they sound absolutely amazing. "blood" from the 16th july san francisco especially sounds awesome, loving how the set lists are completely different and how they dont seem to play the singles every show - i.e there playing what makes them happy on the night it seems from my point of view.

the 10minute version of rearviewmirror is rather amazing

anyways, what do people think they'll do at reading? they dont seem the sort of band to just play all there hits which most big bands do at festivals, i just hope that the reading crowd gives them the respect they deserve, because i dont think the average reading goer is going to have a clue about anything post Vs which is a disgrace. listening to these recordings and hearing the crowd go for it on the likes of better man, yellow ledbetter , life wasted etc is just sounds so bloody good, i just pray its full of pearl jam obsessies and not just people waiting for them to play 'alive'

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, ye old U2 vs Pearl Jam battle. Or should I say *insert big band from the last twenty years here* vs Pearl Jam battle. It's simple, as stated previously. U2 were good, now they suck. It's the same story with the likes of Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers to an extent etc. 'OK, now lets just make a shit load of money and put together easy common demonenator music'. They've perfected their craft. Bono could write a number one hit whilst lying in a coma. It would be f*cking shite. But it'd get to number one. Says all you need to know about the average consumer.

i love u2 ALOT, whored there last tour over here to death, there gig in dublin at croke park (first night) was mindblowing, closest ive ever come to crying at a gig (ill happily admit it), never witnessed at atmosphere like it. think i might see how much its gonna cost to go out to hawaii for u2 and pearl jam, thats a bloody amazing lineup

anyways, back to pearl jam. anyone else got much of there live stuff from the current tour? managed to get hold of the san francisco and albany sets, they sound absolutely amazing. "blood" from the 16th july san francisco especially sounds awesome, loving how the set lists are completely different and how they dont seem to play the singles every show - i.e there playing what makes them happy on the night it seems from my point of view.

anyways, what do people think they'll do at reading? they dont seem the sort of band to just play all there hits which most big bands do at festivals, i just hope that the reading crowd gives them the respect they deserve, because i dont think the average reading goer is going to have a clue about anything post Vs which is a disgrace. listening to these recordings and hearing the crowd go for it on the likes of better man, yellow ledbetter , life wasted etc is just sounds so bloody good, i just pray its full of pearl jam obsessies and not just people waiting for them to play 'alive'

Edited by Shaydee

ah, ye old U2 vs Pearl Jam battle. Or should I say *insert big band from the last twenty years here* vs Pearl Jam battle. It's simple, as stated previously. U2 were good, now they suck. It's the same story with the likes of Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers to an extent etc. 'OK, now lets just make a shit load of money and put together easy common demonenator music'. They've perfected their craft. Bono could write a number one hit whilst lying in a coma. It would be f*cking shite. But it'd get to number one. Says all you need to know

(eg Lukin into Not For You)

Not gonna get into a U2 vs Pearl Jam debate because I like them both. I'm a massive U2 fan and although the last 2 albums are similer to say the 80s where the best is nonsense. Achtung Baby was the 90s and was probably their best piece of work imo and the Pop album went off in a completely new direction. But I'm biased and like Cultseeker and Olivavu with Pearl Jam they can do no wrong in my eyes although a small change in direction for the next album would be nice.

Whatever happened to just enjoying music you like and not listening to music you don't like....

Why in this modern world must everything be given so much scrutiny and critisism!

Furthermore why did cardiff get killers and starsailor while manchester was subjected to the drivel of the bravery?? Shame.. ;)

Good job U2 were absolutely amazing... :blink:

;) Whatever you think of Nirvana, if they hadn't burst on the scene when they did, none of you would be harping on about Pearl Jam and Soundgarden now... They would have received none of the attention they did without Nirvana.

Nevermind wets on anything by any other Seattle/grunge band for me, no matter what critical importance you want to put on something. :blink: