All the posters!

Guest Creative

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My soul is becoming drained from this board.

In a debate about music with my mates the other night, I found that I couldn't be arsed to fight my corner about certains bands, uttering to my friends such alien phrases as 'your probably right' and 'each to their own I suppose'. I feel I need to re-charge myself and gain some valuable perspective before I engage heavily in putting forth my next burst of inspiration and insight.

Until then I say reluctantly, each to their own my triangular friend.

Ugh! ;)

My first one!

1989prog.jpg

Headliners: New Order, The Pogues, The Mission

Weekend tickets: £32.50

Three-day tickets cost £32.50, and the booking fee is just 50p extra. Single day tickets are £15 but sell out fast. This is also the first year Mean Fiddler are involved in Reading's promotion. Bands this year include New Order, My Bloody Valentine, The House Of Love, Billy Bragg, The Wedding Present, New Model Army, The Pogues, Pop Will Eat Itself, Jesus Jones, Voice Of The Beehive and The Mission. The NME declares: "Some day all festivals will be made this way, everyone will love each other and there'll be no such thing as a bad pop group." So, miles wide of the mark again...

Festival prices: Lager is £1.40 a pint, cider £1.20. A two-litre bottle is £3.80, but you can buy two for a bargain £7. A cheeseburger sets you back £1.60, fish and chips £2.00.

My first one!

1989prog.jpg

Headliners: New Order, The Pogues, The Mission

Weekend tickets: £32.50

Three-day tickets cost £32.50, and the booking fee is just 50p extra. Single day tickets are £15 but sell out fast. This is also the first year Mean Fiddler are involved in Reading's promotion. Bands this year include New Order, My Bloody Valentine, The House Of Love, Billy Bragg, The Wedding Present, New Model Army, The Pogues, Pop Will Eat Itself, Jesus Jones, Voice Of The Beehive and The Mission. The NME declares: "Some day all festivals will be made this way, everyone will love each other and there'll be no such thing as a bad pop group." So, miles wide of the mark again...

Festival prices: Lager is £1.40 a pint, cider £1.20. A two-litre bottle is £3.80, but you can buy two for a bargain £7. A cheeseburger sets you back £1.60, fish and chips £2.00.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ah '97 The Verve headlining the tent on the Sunday... a great Reading memory for me

2000 line up looked mint(Oasis, Primal Scream, Ian Brown, Foo Fighters, Pulp, RATM, Muse and Coxon) and 96 also for Stone Roses (GODS!) and RATM.

As much as I loved 'Stone Roses' and still do to this day along with their other stuff I flat out refused to see them on the basis that the amazing Underworld headlined the NME tent at the same time and that also Flaming Lips were on before Underworld so I couldn't possibly miss that...and anyway from what I heard with the Stone Roses, they came onstage and then the 1st bars 'I wanna be adored' were heard (could have been another song) and the crowd went crazy and then Ian Brown opened his mouth and it all went horribly Pete Tong / Pear-Shaped as he was so out of tune...