Sainsburys

Hi,

I’m volunteering for the first time at the festival. I’ve been 3-4 times before as a punter, but not volunteered. 

As I will be on site for longer than usual I will need to take a bit more gear. I don’t fancy lugging everything as I will be using public transport. 

I’ve noticed there is a Sainsburys on the map which looks relatively close to the site. Has anyone been? If so how far walk is it? I was thinking I could pop over and get some drinks and snacks for the camp to save me taking them down. 

Thanks 😊 

4 hours ago, sashabella said:

Hi,

I’m volunteering for the first time at the festival. I’ve been 3-4 times before as a punter, but not volunteered. 

As I will be on site for longer than usual I will need to take a bit more gear. I don’t fancy lugging everything as I will be using public transport. 

I’ve noticed there is a Sainsburys on the map which looks relatively close to the site. Has anyone been? If so how far walk is it? I was thinking I could pop over and get some drinks and snacks for the camp to save me taking them down. 

Thanks 😊 

Hey

Because of how the site is set out it might be a bit of a walk - i've put on this little snip where the exits were when I went.

What i will say is that Lidl looks a lot closer! So maybe head for there instead 🙂 

image.thumb.png.2e6cc03215251b620c462b0ee8c659fc.png

Edit - depending on where your ferry is too theres also a few supermarkets very near the docks in Cowes, so you could potentially grab drinks then get on a shuttle bus to the festival maybe on your way in? hope this helps 🙂 

image.png.a69f04d13da0dd7569658a053c3e4e03.png

Edited by gfa

It's worth mentioning that if you're volunteering, then your campsite will likely be at the far end of the site - somewhere near Island Harbour Marina - and so supermarkets in Newport will be a fair trek.

If you're arriving the day before the festival opens, then you'd probably want to take a public bus or taxi, or convince a fellow volunteer to give you a lift to the Supermarket.

If that's not viable, then definitely worth trying ones near the Ferry if possible, or wait for the on-site Co-op to open.

Thanks Incident. I suppose it’ll be quite weather dependant. If it’s roasting or raining I won’t want to be trekking about. I’d forgot about the on-site Coop. Might just take a bit of booze and get the rest of my bits from there. 

The onsite co-op is a good shout

When i went in 2019 the prices were super reasonable considering its within the festival, reckon 4 packs would be around £7-8 for instance. Obviously a fair bit for tins but no more than you'd pay at most off licenses!

28 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

We worked there in 2021 and got a few supermarket deliveries, think Asda and Morrisons did it. Just get it delivered to the nearest gate 

For that matter - Deliveroo is within range (possibly others as well, but definitely them).

I was seriously considering it (for a takeaway, rather than Supermarket supplies) on the Wednesday evening, but didn't pull the trigger as I figured I'd have the piss ripped out of me.

Crew get deliveries all the time, at Reading last year we had some people ordering every night.. before crew catering was operational.

We've done it a lot, shopping and takeaways, when on site for weeks at a time, it's easier than going off site all the time.

54 minutes ago, incident said:

For that matter - Deliveroo is within range (possibly others as well, but definitely them).

I was seriously considering it (for a takeaway, rather than Supermarket supplies) on the Wednesday evening, but didn't pull the trigger as I figured I'd have the piss ripped out of me.

The prices for groceries on deliveroo etc is so expensive your probably better off just going to the co-op onsite unless your after something specific!