Taking kids in

wolvodan

Hey - this year I want to introduce my daughter to the joys of Glastonbury. My wife is planning to bring her down on Saturday. I'm assuming that I can just meet her at the gates and bring her in? I will have been there since Thursday.

Thanks

Dan

Get a pass out go out the gates come back in with kid.

If there could be any dispute about her age, take something to prove her age.

38 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d imagine you might have to get the shuttle bus from gate a to bath and west drop off point to meet her . Give plenty of time 

Yep. That's definitely the recommended / official / easiest way to do it.

Security / Stewards / Marshalls around the gates and on the roads will strongly object to anyone trying to drop and/or collect anywhere other than at B&W. That's not to say it's impossible, but it would involve both some careful coordination and being a bit of a d*ck.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d imagine you might have to get the shuttle bus from gate a to bath and west drop off point to meet her . Give plenty of time 

Make sure you do this Cos the country roads near the festival site are dangerous to walk on, particularly when the festival is happening and drivers are distracted by trying to get a view of anything.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yes but depending on age of child it would be better to go and meet them at bath and west and then do return trip on the shuttle with child 

She's 9. SO Unless we can get into and near to a gate then B&W it might have to be

6 minutes ago, wolvodan said:

She's 9. SO Unless we can get into and near to a gate then B&W it might have to be

Definately bath and west then I’d say at that age . You really can’t drop off near gate A . Would be just about achievable as an adult but not a child tbh 

12 minutes ago, wolvodan said:

I wonder if west car park is option. There’s the crossing between parks with lights. Near the taxi rank. Assuming she can access this road. From memory cars come and go here. 
Glastonbury-Webmap-2023_V1.5.png

You’ll need a parking pass to get into carparks at £55 slightly more on gate . Any cars stopping on the road will be waved on or potentially liable for an on the spot fine 

17 hours ago, wolvodan said:

Could wife not make way to taxi/coach drop off?

Only licensed taxis and booked coaches are permitted in the taxi/coach drop off.

Also drop offs are not permitted in in the car parks or car park entrances with the stewards being hot on preventing this. B&W is the official and best option.

Hi there - We brought our (then) 7 year old when we came in 22 (Stayed in campervan fields so arrived tuesday).  We used the B&W shuttle to be collected by a grandparent on the thursday afternoon at the drop off and pick up area.  We will be doing the same on this year (weather dependant) but they will be being picked up saturday morning.  

Shuttle buses are frequent.  Though I would say allow at least 2-3 hours for the whole proccess of passing out of the main site, bus journeys, meeting up at the drop off,  traffic and re-entry and walking.