New Orleans Jazz Fest 2024

Hi guys! is anyone here going to NOLA jazz fest?
by now the only headliner confirmed is The Rolling Stones for thursday may 2.
But we can expect some big names that are touring around the festival dates (Aka Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam).
some people say that the lineup will be out nex thursday.
Also it will be my first there so any tip from previous years is welcome 😃

I don't want to sound like a gatekeeper but what are the Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam (rock bands) doing at a jazz festival? I could understand it if it was a blues festival because rock music originates from blues but jazz?

Edited by BluesManP
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

I don't want to sound like a gatekeeper but what are the Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam (rock bands) doing at a jazz festival? I could understand it if it was a blues festival because rock music originates from blues but jazz?

well i can see rolling stones fitting the lineup . But yeah, there are some rock n roll and pop acts but i guess that if a festival wants to stay alive nowadays they need to adapt to their crowds.
But still, theres are loads of stages and jazz acts so I still think they are doing a good job keepin it mixed.
One of the few US festival that I wanted to visit at least once

41 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

well i can see rolling stones fitting the lineup . But yeah, there are some rock n roll and pop acts but i guess that if a festival wants to stay alive nowadays they need to adapt to their crowds.
But still, theres are loads of stages and jazz acts so I still think they are doing a good job keepin it mixed.
One of the few US festival that I wanted to visit at least once

Yeah, I guess. I was just curious. I been to jazz festivals and metal festivals before and normally they tend to stay within the genre or close genres (rock and metal, folk and bluesgrass, jazz and blues). I would be surprised to see a blues band or a jazz pianist at a metal festival. But the global economy is not doing well so we all have to survive somehow!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, charlierc said:

Full line-up, including quite a few names I've heard of in a jump from most of the US fests announced so far.

in my humble opinion, the best US fest lineup so far - but i guess i'm old now haha