Access Card: any advice?

brixesmith

Hi all, I’ve just had an email to say that I’ve been successful in my application for an Access Card because I have a disability. I need someone to accompany me so presumably they will be able to get a ticket to come with me if I manage to get one.

I’m just a bit confused, if I am lucky enough to be able to get a ticket, should I also get one for the person who accompanies me, so I know they’ve definitely got one, and then apply through the accessible application form - and when that’s confirmed I can cancel the ticket I’ve paid a deposit for? Or do I trust the system and assume that if I get a ticket, they’ll be given one too because I have my access card?

I have been given an card that includes the Essential Companion symbol.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, brixesmith said:

Hi all, I’ve just had an email to say that I’ve been successful in my application for an Access Card because I have a disability. I need someone to accompany me so presumably they will be able to get a ticket to come with me if I manage to get one.

I’m just a bit confused, if I am lucky enough to be able to get a ticket, should I also get one for the person who accompanies me, so I know they’ve definitely got one, and then apply through the accessible application form - and when that’s confirmed I can cancel the ticket I’ve paid a deposit for? Or do I trust the system and assume that if I get a ticket, they’ll be given one too because I have my access card?

Thanks!

You need to ask accessibility@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk this question as it's a new scheme this year. 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, brixesmith said:

Thanks!

I have asked them this question recently and was told "If you have the +1 symbol on your Access Card or Access Pass and can provide details of this with your festival access application you will be issued with a PA ticket.".

I have the same uncertainty as you however as I presume there is a limited number