Copenhell 2024

SweetJesus

seems possible. QOTSA will play one of the day 20-22.6 on Azkena in Spain while BMTH are playing Southside and Hurricane in Germany on 21 and 23 so can be available on the 20.

not the best set of headliners for me. saw Only Tool few years ago and they were great, not sure if it will be much different but good name. QOTSA same as A7X I don't like to many songs but can be ok for a festival and missed them at Mad Cool 2018. BMTH I barely know but not quite my kind, are they consider big on Denmark? didn't see them on Rock Im Park as they clashed Dropkick Murphys.. 

not expecting much from Headliners and wonder if there still might be a band that hasn't announce shows yet beside Tool but feel that overall it will be good lineup. from Nova Rock lineup I will be happy if either Avril Lavigne (guess not likely), Billy Talent, Body Count, Jane's Addiction or Sum 41 will be added 

Edited by avmad25

Just remembered that Smashing Pumpkins could pop up too!

4 hours ago, avmad25 said:

BMTH I barely know but not quite my kind, are they consider big on Denmark?

Its tricky to say how big they are as they haven't played here in a while and have changed alot since then. Last headline show was 2016 (3000 cap) and last festival show was Roskilde Festival in 2019 where they played at about 4pm on the main stage. They've arguably gotten much bigger since then.

yeah I relized BMTH becomes much bigger and headliming now, not much for me but if rest of the day and lineup will be good then I'm ok if headliners are not perfect. Smashing Pumkins are one of my favorites band, 
saw them 3 times on 2019, they played just before Tool in Rock Im Park and headlined Mad Cool a month later but checked now and they are only available on the 20 as they are playing in Germany on 19, 21 and 22 so guess they won't play 4 days in a row and in another country...

still hoping for Mike Patton return to Europe as Mr. Bungle are playing in the US. either them or Faith No More will be amazing but not sure he is ready. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

new names! so happy for Mr. Bungle, Body Count and Chelsea Wolfe and didn't see Steel Panther yet which might be fun. was hoping for Pain and Witch and some more from Hellfest/Graspop recent announcements but still nice. I don't know any band written after Chelsea Wolfe though.. something good? no mention for any of them headlining so still missing two headliners. lineup shaping up really good

IMG_20231129_102447.jpg

Edited by amfest12

34 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

new names! so happy for Mr. Bungle, Body Count and Chelsea Wolfe and didn't see Steel Panther yet which might be fun. was hoping for Pain and Witch and some more from Hellfest/Graspop recent announcements but still nice. I don't know any band written after Chelsea Wolfe though.. something good? no mention for any of them headlining so still missing two headliners. lineup shaping up really good

IMG_20231129_102447.jpg

Night Verses! Technical instrumental rock; similar to Animals As Leaders. Their drummer Aric Improta is an absolute demon

Twin Temple if you like gimmicky 'satanic doo-wop'. They grate on me on album but live they are quite theatrical and would be fun for an early slot in the sun.

Eivor is norse-folk art-pop similar to Myrkur but more experimental. She worked on the soundtrack for latest God Of War game. Not sure how her material translates live but will give a nice palette cleanser during the day.

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, when usually full lineup is announced? not so many names left I think but wonder if there will be something before christmas/new year. also saw there is a winter edition of Copenhell by the end of January so maybe they are more into that now.

my guesses for headliners changed due to tour updates, BMTH seems less likely as they are only available to headline 20.6 but then they will have 4 days shows. also thought it might ends up with something like Alice Cooper, Deep Purple or Scorpions but they also have busy schedule which make it less possible. my main guess now is Deftones and second maybe Parkway Drive though I don't know them much and have no idea how they are considered in Denmark.

also wonder if all second stage headliners announced, for first two days probably yes with either Bruce Dickinson, Corey Taylor, The Offspring, Limp Bizkit and Mr. Bungle but not sure regarding 3rd day, maybe Machine Head? and mostly for the last day. 

some nice names in Tons of Rock, would love to see Europe, Heart, Opeth and Turnstile.

IMG_4273.jpeg.fa1fe533d9fe410c1e4c68728e560fcd.jpeg

Hi, when usually full lineup is announced? not so many names left I think but wonder if there will be something before christmas/new year. also saw there is a winter edition of Copenhell by the end of January so maybe they are more into that now.

The full final lineup for 2023 was May; but that was just the last few random bands being added to fill empty slots and some drop outs. The last headliner for 2023 (Guns N Roses) was in February.

My guess is perhaps 2 more sizable lineup announcements with remaining 2 headliners and a few other acts.

my guesses for headliners changed due to tour updates, BMTH seems less likely as they are only available to headline 20.6 but then they will have 4 days shows. also thought it might ends up with something like Alice Cooper, Deep Purple or Scorpions but they also have busy schedule which make it less possible. my main guess now is Deftones and second maybe Parkway Drive though I don't know them much and have no idea how they are considered in Denmark.

Deftones are a possibility as they haven't been back in Denmark for a while (Not since before Covid!) but they are probably a Sub. Parkway Drive headlined the 2nd stage last year so not them.

Im still predicting Bring Me mostly as I havent seen them in many years and they haven't played Denmark since 2019. Wishful thinking! 😄 

also wonder if all second stage headliners announced, for first two days probably yes with either Bruce Dickinson, Corey Taylor, The Offspring, Limp Bizkit and Mr. Bungle but not sure regarding 3rd day, maybe Machine Head? and mostly for the last day. 

Usually we find out much closer to the time who the 2nd stage headliners are. They always play after the mainstage band has finished so can get away with being a bit oddball and niche. Based on the current announced bands i'm going to take a guess of this (3rd and 4th stage is always hard to predict placements!). But Copenhell stage order is always kind of random other than the largest bands. 😄 

Avenged Sevenfold / The Offspring / Bruce Dickinson
Corey Taylor / Steel Panther / Dying Fetus / Twin Temple

??? / Limp Bizkit / Die Krupps
Mr Bungle / Cradle Of Filth / Pretty Maids / Karnivool

??? / Machine Head / Dropkick Murphys
John Cxnnor / Madball / Chelsea Wolfe / Slaughter To Prevail

TOOL / ??? / Fu Manchu
?? / Body Count / ???

Mostly added John Cxnnor as 2nd stage late night headliner as they are a danish supergroup of local heavy metal singers, which Copenhell loves to bump up, and their show suits the night alot more.

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Like 1

missed that Parkway Drive played this year. saw ZZ Top few years ago and they were great, they just announced concert in Aarhus on 1/7 though, but do think lineup missing some classic rock. Igorrr are also good. 

maybe will get some surprise for headliner or a band that didn't announce tour yet. Pearl Jam is probably way too much right? from rumors it's seems like it will be preety short tour in places they always play.. on the other hand less intresting bands on main or second stage give more time to visit 3rd and 4th stages 😄

Edited by amfest12

27 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

missed that Parkway Drive played this year. saw ZZ Top few years ago and they were great, they just announced concert in Aarhus on 1/7 though, but do think lineup missing some classic rock. Igorrr are also good. 

maybe will get some surprise for headliner or a band that didn't announce tour yet. Pearl Jam is probably way too much right? from rumors it's seems like it will be preety short tour in places they always play.. on the other hand less intresting bands on main or second stage give more time to visit 3rd and 4th stages 😄

Id be surprised if it was Pearl Jam as they don't play festivals in Denmark since the Roskilde Festival tragedy in 2000. I saw them play Copenhagen arena last year and they talked about how much that event still effects them and they take every precaution for it to never happen again.

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

found out on Songkick that Tom Morello will play 20.6, also written in his website, maybe new names soon then.
wonder if it's big enough for headline slot, anyway, second day looks very good and busy

image.thumb.jpeg.c3d5c2e8b98e5fec142658cee29fe2e3.jpeg

Edited by amfest12