Surprise act

Donalbain

51 minutes ago, Donalbain said:

Anybody know who it was in Sunday parklands?

I could be wrong, but I thought "Surprise Guest" (at 22:00 on Sunday at Parklands, according to the lanyard) was Mike Skinner, who then cancelled and got replaced by another hour of Wooky. He would have been good counterprogramming to Royal Blood, but oh well...

I stumbled upon a Lathams set that wasn't listed, in a tiny venue just outside the far end of the woods. Had never seen them before, didn't realise they were so popular, but can see why, they were very good. I also missed their main sets at both Glasto and Kendal, so pleased I found the surprise set. 

Also on surprises…who all played with Tim Burgess on Saturday afternoon. We caught the last half hour and chat was it was members of the verve at that point. 
Also caught Spector in Calling out who weren’t listed on anything I’d seen. Had to ask folk who it was. Only jumped in out the rain. Very good 👍 

13 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Also on surprises…who all played with Tim Burgess on Saturday afternoon. We caught the last half hour and chat was it was members of the verve at that point. 
Also caught Spector in Calling out who weren’t listed on anything I’d seen. Had to ask folk who it was. Only jumped in out the rain. Very good 👍 

Spector were definitely listed as was on my to see list, really good as were Deadletter on same stage.

Tim burgess had a couple of the charlatans and couple of verve members in his band.

We also got lucky with We Are Scientists in the diner when they played a set instead of doing the album listening party they were listed to do. 

• Upvote 1