Anyone going to KC alone?

Rachlm

Hi,

I've decided to attend the festival alone this year. I usually go in a big group of mates but no one else is able to come cause of work etc. I've never been to a festival alone and I'm super apprehensive but I'm going for it. Anyone else coming along alone too? 

Rach

On 6/12/2023 at 1:28 AM, Rachlm said:

Hi,

I've decided to attend the festival alone this year. I usually go in a big group of mates but no one else is able to come cause of work etc. I've never been to a festival alone and I'm super apprehensive but I'm going for it. Anyone else coming along alone too? 

Rach

Potentially, if my mate can't make it. But I'm thinking of just getting rid of my ticket in that case

I went to 2000 trees last year alone. It had its pros and cons. Fortunately a group of people camping next to took me under there wing and by the final day they were cooking me breakfast and buying me pints. 
It is hard work alone and although I met several people I felt I didn’t want to outstay my welcome tagging on to them. That said I went Kendal last year and met a solo goer and was happy for him to tag onto our group as much as he liked. We even got his number and told him where we was going to be every day. 
One of the biggest pluses I found going alone was that you can literally do what you want and don’t have to arrange to meet up with people and find them in crowds. Then again last year at Kendal I often ended up split up from my mates , whilst they were at the main stage all day I was of discovering all sorts in the smaller tents.

Personally Rachlm if I was was you I would just go for it and do it. I’m sure you will meet people and mingle, theres plenty of nice people out there who will let you into there group. It will be slightly harder going than with mates, there might not be anyone to hold your drink well you go the loo, and there may be times that you do feel lonely, especially the morning time when there’s not a lot to do alone. But if you love music and are outgoing you can still have a great time. 
worst case scenario if after a few days your not enjoying it alone , just pack up and go. 

• Thanks 1