Cockmill Meadow queuing time??

Rosie bud

Anyone know what time we would need to queue from for a small tent spot in Cockmill meadow. I’m 36 weeks pregnant with 2 small kids so really need a decent spot! Also do you just park up and physically queue as my husband will be doing it alone. Thanks in Advance! 

In previous years Cockmill has been full by lunchtime/early afternoon Wednesay and obviously the earlier you arrive the greater choice of camping spot you will have. Couple this with a queue time of 2-3hrs (or maybe more?) at gate B,  a walk of maybe 20-30mins to join the queue and your picture forms. 

I’ve camped in Cockmill seven times now, always got a decent enough spot. Latest I’ve joined the Gate B queue would have been around 6am but was still plenty of space by the time I got in. Earlier you join the queue the better, tbh. The bottom of the field fills up first, if you head for the top towards the pylon line you’ll have plenty of space until early afternoon.

There is a short cut to the top of the field that avoids having to walk down Muddy Lane and then back up through Cockmill; once you’re through Gate B, there’s a wide road you have to cross to get onto Muddy Lane. Don’t cross the road, turn left and walk along it for about 50 metres or so till you see a pathway on your right. Go down that and you’re at the very top, flat part of Cockmill. Last year I got hollered at by a steward when I turned left but ignored them and marched on… You may get bollocked but it is a great short cut. 🙂

Edited by dirtysteve