Penn Fest

LMP

Anyone on here ever been? Line up released yesterday, and looks fairly good. A decent mixture.

Some of the reviews of previous years on Facebook don’t read too well — what’s the atmosphere/vibe like? 

I’m looking to go to a festival in late July and thinking either this or Standon Calling, or maybe Truck?

5CA7D59D-2134-49EE-A234-88F09F5D90BA.png

22 minutes ago, LMP said:

Anyone on here ever been? Line up released yesterday, and looks fairly good. A decent mixture.

Some of the reviews of previous years on Facebook don’t read too well — what’s the atmosphere/vibe like? 

I’m looking to go to a festival in late July and thinking either this or Standon Calling, or maybe Truck?

5CA7D59D-2134-49EE-A234-88F09F5D90BA.png

I have been to this Festival but it was back in 2019. Outdoor main stage and second stage in a tent with a separate dance tent too.

Mix of ages but mainly locals. Camping chair central around the main stage but to be fair not much seating provided outside of very expensive VIP areas. A few yoof who can’t handle their drink but that’s hardly a rarity at a Festival. Think in good weather it’s decent but could get quite grim if it rains.

I stayed in High Wycombe and got the bus in and out each day which worked well for me as I generally left before the headliners finished. I did hear some who stayed a bit later had some issues with the later buses.

In summary I’d say it was very much a “locals” Festival but I wouldn’t put anyone off who fancied giving it a go. I’ve never been to Standon or Truck but my impression would be that both of those would be substantially larger. 

40 minutes ago, jonnyx said:

That Oasis reunion seems closer, when he's playing tinpot festivals like this. 

penn is a well established festival, run by promoters who put on a lot of events around the uk.