2021 newbies

Hi everyone! 

Me and 2 girl friends have bought tickets for 2021 and it's the first time any of us have done a camping festival! Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!

We were thinking so far of having a small tent each. But questions floating around in my head are - 

One big tent to share or one each?

Can you have a small gazebo?

Does anyone have a map of the site?

2 hours ago, Hollymonster said:

Hi everyone! 

Me and 2 girl friends have bought tickets for 2021 and it's the first time any of us have done a camping festival! Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!

We were thinking so far of having a small tent each. But questions floating around in my head are - 

Hello Holly, I have done Download, Leeds and Glastonbury once full camping and my mate has done IoW.

So if you are with two friends I would recommend one each as you can make a camping circle with a chair each so you can sit when you arent at arena, as one big tent would mean people will camp around you which offers little space except when you are at the end of the site, near the walkway which people can trample on your pegs and drunkenly bump to it.  However if you dont care about space and want one big tent you decide but then that poses questions who keeps the big tent (if you buy it). For me small and make a camping circle that for me would make a better experience. 

Every festival I have done people will have gazebos and so did my mate that attended IoW a few years ago and linking to my last point, with one tent, people will camp around you, with small tents make a circle and then you can have a gazebo in the middle. So yeah but dont make it so big you are taking up much room.

Heres a map I found online. Hope this helps, enjoy the festival.

IWFest-Liftshare-PriorityParking.png

• Upvote 1

People at IOW are incredibly friendly too, with just two of you it will be hard to get proper social space outside your tent with only 3 of you so just try and get on with your neighbours the first night and sit with them/make a circle with them, its all part of the fun really. Another option is a tent thats big enough you can just sit in it/half in it half outside but then its a pain to build up and take down.

I had a fantastic time last year, its my favourite festival so far ahead of Reading and Sziget - mostly because of how friendly are neighbours were they bought us in excess of £50 in booze (between two people!) which was awesome and we had the best time with them!

• 9 months later...

Hi, this will be my tenth IOW festival I literally went to one to tick it off my bucket list and have gone every year since. I still go to other festivals but wouldn’t miss IOW it is the friendliest one by far with none of the “Chav” element. 
I would recommend a tent each, you could even crash in one and have one for supplies. It’ll the weather is bad it’s nice to keep one free of muddy wellies and wet clothes to sleep in. 
Gazebos aren’t usually allowed. 
There is a bus from the festival that takes you into Newport amd a massive Morrisons so don’t drag all your booze and snacks or food with you just get it there (suggest going Thursday or early Friday). 
There’s also a co-op onsite at the festival which isn’t a rip off. 
You’ll have an amazing time and make a lot of new friends 

On 6/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, Hollymonster said:

Hi everyone! 

Happy to pass on my email if you want? 

• 2 months later...

As I know gazebo are not allowed there. About a tent it's a  nice idea to have a small one for different stuff as a storage. About  having one big for everyone or separate tents, I think it's more personal question do you wanna live in a group or chill separate at night.