Eid Festival 2018

Eid Festival on a Sunday for Eid ul Adha celebration with other communities.

Entertainment for the Whole Family 

Bouncy Castle, Shopping Stalls, Jewellery Stalls, Delicious Food, Face Painting, Henna / Mehandi, Children Activities with Bungee Trampoline, Zorb, Kiddies Rides, Water Zorbe, Juvenile Ladybird, Shooter, Juvenile Cup & Saucer, Inflatable Slide and so much more

Raffle on every two hours.

Flyer.jpg

Oh fuck me stupid. Did you say that there's going to be no less than inflatable slide there? How much does it cost, how much does it cost? I'm willing to w*nk grown men off in order to raise the funds to get on that slide.  You could say that I'm a slide slag. Oh. oh, oh, what great opportunities to spend money at your Eid festivities. So much cultural input too! And a raffle every two hours. That's it, that's it, count me in.

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh fuck me stupid. Did you say that there's going to be no less than inflatable slide there? How much does it cost, how much does it cost? I'm willing to w*nk grown men off in order to raise the funds to get on that slide.  You could say that I'm a slide slag. Oh. oh, oh, what great opportunities to spend money at your Eid festivities. So much cultural input too! And a raffle every two hours. That's it, that's it, count me in.

The entry fee is on the OP's post.  I.e. it's a free community event aimed at families.  Events like this send Daily Mail readers into 'They're Trying to Ban Christmas' hysterics, but the reality is they're just well-meaning attempts to get ordinary local people from different communities together.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

The entry fee is on the OP's post.  I.e. it's a free community event aimed at families.  Events like this send Daily Mail readers into 'They're Trying to Ban Christmas' hysterics, but the reality is they're just well-meaning attempts to get ordinary local people from different communities together.

I didn't ask what the entry fee is. I asked how much it was to have a go on the inflatable slide. Do you think that there's going to be no cost to go on the inflatable slide, at this wondrously benevolent event? Do you see any mention of stalls etc which are aimed at dispelling myths about Muslims etc, and drawing communities together. Have you tried to get EASUK.org up on a search?

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I didn't ask what the entry fee is. I asked how much it was to have a go on the inflatable slide. Do you think that there's going to be no cost to go on the inflatable slide, at this wondrously benevolent event? Do you see any mention of stalls etc which are aimed at dispelling myths about Muslims etc, and drawing communities together. Have you tried to get EASUK.org up on a search?

I can't help you in your crusade against overpriced inflatables at festivals - I have no idea what this one will cost.  Having looked at YouTube footage though, I suspect it might be free too - it looks more 'small village fete with mayor and coconut shy' than Disneyland.

Neither can I help you about the muslim-myth-dispelling stalls - I haven't seen a programme.  However, the mere fact that visitors are greeted with smiles and food might dispel a few popular misconceptions in itself.

I can help you with your other investigation though - you'll find easuk on facebook.  On there, you'll even find a video of a radio interview with the sole organiser which confirms that the reason it hasn't got a website is that he hasn't yet managed to sort one out.  Instead, he reads out his own mobile number in case anyone wants to contact him about stalls etc.  

In short: well-meaning amateur rather than sinister.

15 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I can't help you in your crusade against overpriced inflatables at festivals - I have no idea what this one will cost.  Having looked at YouTube footage though, I suspect it might be free too - it looks more 'small village fete with mayor and coconut shy' than Disneyland.

Neither can I help you about the muslim-myth-dispelling stalls - I haven't seen a programme.  However, the mere fact that visitors are greeted with smiles and food might dispel a few popular misconceptions in itself.

I can help you with your other investigation though - you'll find easuk on facebook.  On there, you'll even find a video of a radio interview with the sole organiser which confirms that the reason it hasn't got a website is that he hasn't yet managed to sort one out.  Instead, he reads out his own mobile number in case anyone wants to contact him about stalls etc.  

In short: well-meaning amateur rather than sinister.

I doubt very much if stall holders are going to provide their serviced for free. Do you? Really?

If I was racking it in, as were the stall holders, I'd be greeting people with smiles too.

I saw the Facebook thing, but didn't go in to it in depth. Why put on the details of a website, which you haven't got? Why give out your personal number? Maybe so that you can 'control' everything.

So, the food is going to be free is it? Did the man in the interview say that?

Well meaning amateur my arse. Just someone wanting to make a buck on the back of a religious festival, I'd say. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but so far, you, he, or anybody else hasn't come close to doing that. Why not, I wonder?

I'm all for integration, by the way. Personally I'm not religious, but have absolutely no problem with those that harmoniously practice it. What difference does it make if there are believers and non believers? Absolutely non - unless you are a Jehovah's Witness, of course.

You might want to listen to the aforementioned radio interview.  He answers your questions about who pays what, and where any profit goes.  And the YouTube footage of the event suggests we're talking a couple of hundred quid if they're lucky - as I said, village fete stuff.  Not really the territory of the festival villain.

I have to say: you're going to wear your keyboard out fairly quickly if you're on a crusade against UK festivals where the organisers make money.

32 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

You might want to listen to the aforementioned radio interview.  He answers your questions about who pays what, and where any profit goes.  And the YouTube footage of the event suggests we're talking a couple of hundred quid if they're lucky - as I said, village fete stuff.  Not really the territory of the festival villain.

I have to say: you're going to wear your keyboard out fairly quickly if you're on a crusade against UK festivals where the organisers make money.

I'm not on a crusade against UK festivals making money. Where did I say that?

Not being au fait with Facebook, I can't find the radio show. So, given that you say he answers my questions, I wonder if you'd be so polite as to answer them? Is the food free, especially is the inflatable slide free etc etc? Does he mention anything about stalls specifically designed to increase multiculturalism etc?

How on earth do you 'know' where any profit goes? Because he says that's where it goes because he says it on YouTube? Is that good enough for you?

A further question - Is the dubiously named Events & Arts Society a registered charity, or is it an events company?

I don't believe you're on a crusade against all festival organisers making money any more than I believed you were on a crusade against over-priced inflatables.  What I actually believe is that you're on a crusade against this event - or at least you seemed to be at 3am today.   I can't help but wonder why it irked you so much.

The YouTube footage simply shows it to be a very small event with no more than 200 people in attendance.  i.e. the type of community event which only survives on volunteers, grants and local sponsors.  I don't see the harm in it, but if shouting 'money-grabbing bastards!' at church fetes is your thing, then fill your boots

28 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

I don't believe you're on a crusade against all festival organisers making money any more than I believed you were on a crusade against over-priced inflatables.  What I actually believe is that you're on a crusade against this event - or at least you seemed to be at 3am today.   I can't help but wonder why it irked you so much.

The above information on posts tells me that (at this moment in time) the OP was posted 21 hours ago, and that I responded to it 21 hours ago. If that was 3am, so what? What is your point in mentioning 3am?

In addition to the above, I note that you repeatedly haven't answered the questions that I have asked of you. I can't help but wonder why this should be.

In the clear light I've day (ie not pissed up, drugged up, and cantankerous) I think I may have this all wrong. Maybe I haven't either. But probably have. So, I'm going to take back what I said about this event. Good if it mixes communities together, even if only on a shallow level of interacting with each other on the inflatable slide etc. May be it's a one step at a time approach that will work. Hopefully something will work at the end of the day. We already live in a them and us society vis a viz wealth. No need to create further boundaries with religion.

• Like 1