Memories of T-Day in 2004

budvar

On 11 October 2016 at 3:02 PM, budvar said:

Very similar festival apprenticeship as myself; V Festival for a few years followed by graduation to Glastonbury. While many take the mick out of V it was a perfect stepping stone and the lineups back then were actually pretty decent.

Within 5 minutes of getting on site in 2004 I realised Glasto was an entirely different beast altogether.

Yes V was quite good back in the day. Full of the wannabe towie (well Chelmsford is) lot now and the music to go with it. There were days when V itself would sell out as soon as tickets were on sale nowadays everyone is trying to flog their tickets at half the price they paid for em. but of course with the  changing of the times and a younger lot to please i guess they have to change to stay afloat.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, little_jim said:

Yes V was quite good back in the day. Full of the wannabe towie (well Chelmsford is) lot now and the music to go with it. There were days when V itself would sell out as soon as tickets were on sale nowadays everyone is trying to flog their tickets at half the price they paid for em. but of course with the  changing of the times and a younger lot to please i guess they have to change to stay afloat.

Aye. Went for the Sunday in '97.  What a lineup.

images.jpg