Crew Parking/ Entry

funkyuk

I'm crew for the first time this year, and will be camping at John Peel Crew.

I've just got my parking pass, and it's for Blue/East car parks.  I'd obviously rather enter from the west side of site and park there rather than schlep with all my gear across site to JP.  Is there a crew entrance on the west, and should I be able to wrangle it, or will they be super strict on the parking pass?

I don't think you'll be able to get in the west side with a blue pass.  The west staff car parks are orange - that's where I go, and you have to go through a lot of checks before you finally park-up.  If you were feeling ballsy, you could have a go at messing around with a colour photocopier, but probably not worth the risk: presumably you're arriving on Tuesday or earlier, so hiking across the site isn't that difficult as the fields are pretty empty.

If you're going to try and blag your way into West, then you'll definitely need to reprint your vehicle pass in orange.  There's no way you'd be able to sweet talk every one of the many people who's sole job is to make sure you've got the right coloured pass in your windscreen.

We arrive via Pedestrian Gate D, but obviously there's no queueing etc. if you're arriving before the festival opens. For the John Peel tent , your nearest would be Gate A, but I've never used it so, although I assume it would be open, I can't guarantee it.  With a bit of luck you'll get issued with an 'Easy Pass Out' wristband, which means you can enter and leave the festival as you please - you just use a staff entrance (which are either alongside the public gates or next to the vehicle gates - I can't remember.)

Cheers @quiet guy that's exactly why i want to come in via gate a / park in west.....

Do you or anyone know if i can use the drop off point up by gate A /(is it by the bus drop off ?) on Tuesday to drop my passengers and their gear, then whizz round and dump my car in blue east, and me come in through gate b, then pass out gate a to help them with gear?

I think that the traffic restrictions may already be in place on Monday and you won't be allowed to stop and drop off at Gate A. You could try it and maybe get away with it but there have been others who have said that that Mendip Council have stressed to GFL that they must enforce the temporary traffic enforcement arrangements.

18 minutes ago, wandering hippy said:

I'll be working on site arriving on the Sunday and I've been given a blue windscreen pass like an upside down triangle with the pyramid in the middle and with blue route written at the top - is that the right one for the east ?

Yes, the blue route takes you to the eastern side of the site.

I'm also working on site and have been advised to go down the blue route on Tuesday when I arrive and advise the staff that I'm working there so they can point me in the right direction. I do have a general public parking sticker as well though so I was wondering if I could park in the west side car parks when I turn up on Tuesday instead? The only reason I ask is that I'm taking all my friends stuff in the car and they have always camped at Pennards so it would be easier to access the car from there. Do you think that would cause an issue? 

Edited by ads1980

5 hours ago, ads1980 said:

I'm also working on site and have been advised to go down the blue route on Tuesday when I arrive and advise the staff that I'm working there so they can point me in the right direction. I do have a general public parking sticker as well though so I was wondering if I could park in the west side car parks when I turn up on Tuesday instead? The only reason I ask is that I'm taking all my friends stuff in the car and they have always camped at Pennards so it would be easier to access the car from there. Do you think that would cause an issue? 

sorry you have not made it clear ' if you have a crew ticket or not ' 

once you park ' whatever field you use ' you will need some document or GFL crew wristband to get though - 

as they have changed procedures this year { well they have for the WBC } - You may end up
screwing yourself if you don't get it right.

going on the limited information - you would be wise to park on the East side - go though whatever procedures you have to do and once you get a GFL crew EPO wristband you could then walk back out and drive your car to the west .

now where you park will be down to the ones working but if you wave your EPO wristband you may get closer to the wall.

But be aware ' in previous years ' there has been a ' Crew Entry Curfew ' on Tuesday evening - as I am going by coach I have not been sent these details but last year it was either 9pm or 10 pm 

once in place you will end up not being able to enter the crew entrance at Gate D.

I know some who were caught out and they had to wait until the morning 

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

sorry you have not made it clear ' if you have a crew ticket or not ' 

once you park ' whatever field you use ' you will need some document or GFL crew wristband to get though - 

as they have changed procedures this year { well they have for the WBC } - You may end up
screwing yourself if you don't get it right.

going on the limited information - you would be wise to park on the East side - go though whatever procedures you have to do and once you get a GFL crew EPO wristband you could then walk back out and drive your car to the west .

now where you park will be down to the ones working but if you wave your EPO wristband you may get closer to the wall.

But be aware ' in previous years ' there has been a ' Crew Entry Curfew ' on Tuesday evening - as I am going by coach I have not been sent these details but last year it was either 9pm or 10 pm 

once in place you will end up not being able to enter the crew entrance at Gate D.

I know some who were caught out and they had to wait until the morning 

Ah ok sorry. I have a document that has all my crew details on it. When I arrive at the east side I have been advised to tell whoever I meet who I am working for and to be directed to their crew car park. From there, I will then be issued a crew car parking pass and also my wristband etc. This will most likely be early afternoon on Tuesday when I arrive as there is a 4pm briefing I need to attend. They've told us we don't need to worry about car parking as they will issue us a crew car parking pass to park in their car park. But you think it may be ok to drive round to the west side once I have all my documents and park up round there using my general public car park sticker? (Also, what is the best route to take to drive from east to west?) 

thanks and and sorry I've not been clear enough. :)

9 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Ah ok sorry. I have a document that has all my crew details on it. When I arrive at the east side I have been advised to tell whoever I meet who I am working for and to be directed to their crew car park. From there, I will then be issued a crew car parking pass and also my wristband etc. This will most likely be early afternoon on Tuesday when I arrive as there is a 4pm briefing I need to attend. They've told us we don't need to worry about car parking as they will issue us a crew car parking pass to park in their car park. But you think it may be ok to drive round to the west side once I have all my documents and park up round there using my general public car park sticker? (Also, what is the best route to take to drive from east to west?) 

thanks and and sorry I've not been clear enough. :)

the key is ' GFL crew EPO wristband ' - once you have that just drive though Pilton { follow the signs } - if you get stopped just show the GFL crew EPO wristband and they should let you though - I have got though Pilton ' without anything displayed ' { as the pass was lost in the post } - I just copied a previous years letter and just changed the dates -

Don't forget ' Punters cant get in to the car parks before 9pm on the Tuesday night ' so don't display the general public car park sticker as that will confuse things .

sure they may ask what you are up to - but as you have GFL crew EPO wristband that should be enough to get you into the car park - once you park ' then display the car park sticker.

head to Gate D and you will see a Crew entry gate and just walk in .

it can be done if you explain things.

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

the key is ' GFL crew EPO wristband ' - once you have that just drive though Pilton { follow the signs } - if you get stopped just show the GFL crew EPO wristband and they should let you though - I have got though Pilton ' without anything displayed ' { as the pass was lost in the post } - I just copied a previous years letter and just changed the dates -

Don't forget ' Punters cant get in to the car parks before 9pm on the Tuesday night ' so don't display the general public car park sticker as that will confuse things .

sure they may ask what you are up to - but as you have GFL crew EPO wristband that should be enough to get you into the car park - once you park ' then display the car park sticker.

head to Gate D and you will see a Crew entry gate and just walk in .

it can be done if you explain things.

Perfect! That's absolutely brilliant thanks! I wasn't sure if they would stop me from trying to access the public car parks as I'm crew or indeed, if the guys I'm working for would try and stop me from leaving their workers car park. It's just a huge trek from one side all the way to the other anyway so I thought it was easier. Plus my last shift is on Sunday afternoon so I was planning on hooking up with my mates and all leaving together on Monday.