Keeping warm at in tent

pinkmolly226

4 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

Well, naturally the hot water bottle would be bigger and heavier with the mini kettle and the stove inside it!

Edited by JanieM28

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sleeping bag and collection of blankets probably takes up more room than the tent and booze combined,  those vacuum bags are essential. After too many freezing my bum off at download I've finally got it sorted.(I think!!)  I take one of those canvas and pole camp beds and put stuff under it for insulation, air beds are just too bloody cold. I find the rectangular sleeping bags are better as I can snuggle down more and those bloody mummy ones are just too constricting. A wooly blanket goes inside the bag then I have a fleece blanket or 3 all wrapped in a huge honcho bought at download years ago. Add my moomin hot water bottle and am set. Until I need a wee and it takes half an hour to emerge obvs 

Almost forgot those shaker hand warmer thingies, they keep hot all night

Edited by Violet-sunshine

This hot water bottle here is the bees frigging knees http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Hot-Water-Bottle-Grey-Fur_1605520/ it keeps hot all night long - you can use the warm water to have a wash with the next morning. 

If you're taking boxes of booze on the bus, unfold the cardboard and shove that under your mat. 

I'd also recommend a cotton sleeping bag liner too. 

Hope the weather warms up a bit otherwise we will all be freezing our arses off at this rate- I put the central heating back on again tonight!!  I use my picnic blanket with the wool side down over my sleeping bag and the waterproof bit on the outside- it keeps in the heat and is handy in case of any drips of rain leakage!! 

Layers - socks, cotton leggings, cotton t- shirt and a woolly hat if necessary! Always too hot by morning tho!