Carl Cox and Underworld

ten2doc

12 minutes ago, GimpSquadObvious said:

The inevitable Underworld - LCD Soundsystem clash is really bringing me down.

Haven't seen LCD before and caught Underworld on their most recent two tours (absolutely incredible at the Roundhouse recently), so I'll be at the former. 

But Christ, the thought of passing up on 90 minutes of guaranteed euphoria is horrible. I hope someone at Glasto HQ reads these forums, because plenty of people have mentioned it. There must be a large crossover of fans.

Will be at Carl Cox providing it's not too packed.

i think that's the point

11 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

they had two door cinema club a few years ago I think. It's an amazing sunny song about Friends. and it's catchy as hell

nah - it'll be someone on the mainstage with lots of crossover appeal, not a 10 year old indie anthem

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

wasn't it Lionel Richie last year? admittedly i watched barely any coverage so could be wrong here.

Was it? Gah. I was going to qualify my last post by saying that they'd use some iconic or really well known song if an older one.

Either way, if it's any of LCD's old tunes, I'll eat both my hats.

Edit: apparently Vaccines. 

Edited by stuartbert two hats

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it? Gah. I was going to qualify my last post by saying that they'd use some iconic or really well known song if an older one.

Either way, if it's any of LCD's old tunes, I'll eat both my hats.

Edit: apparently Vaccines. 

i wouldn't recognise a Vaccines song if it bit me on the arse!  oh well, it still won't be LCD!

7 hours ago, GimpSquadObvious said:

The inevitable Underworld - LCD Soundsystem clash is really bringing me down.

Haven't seen LCD before and caught Underworld on their most recent two tours (absolutely incredible at the Roundhouse recently), so I'll be at the former. 

But Christ, the thought of passing up on 90 minutes of guaranteed euphoria is horrible. I hope someone at Glasto HQ reads these forums, because plenty of people have mentioned it. There must be a large crossover of fans.

Will be at Carl Cox providing it's not too packed.

This potential clash is my only worry too. If it comes to it, Underworld just edge it for me as well...   

9 hours ago, ten2doc said:

Both missing from the Silver Haynes line up, where do we think they'll be performing? I'm hoping Thursday night in The Glade for Cox but with Back to Basics hosting that night in there I don't know how that will fit. I'd love to see Underworld close The other stage Friday night but I'm thinking JP will be more likely.

Where did you hear back to basics will be there and do you know who's playing?

8 hours ago, Eks101 said:

I think this is what had me confused.  Be a bit odd for him to hang around for 24 hours though?  Can't see him camping in Pennards for the weekend.

Why wouldn't he want to hang around ? He's at arguably one of the best places to be in the world that weekend for a start and on top of that plenty of his buddies will be there. Plus he doesn't need to be in Ibiza until the Tuesday. #itsahardlife :)

8 hours ago, Mark-Sharon said:

Where did you hear back to basics will be there and do you know who's playing?

I posted a link to this interview with Dave Beer in another thread which says Basics doing the Thursday night at the Glade

http://www.essentialibiza.com/news/25-years-of-back-to-basics/

8 hours ago, imrickjamesbitch said:

Why wouldn't he want to hang around ? He's at arguably one of the best places to be in the world that weekend for a start and on top of that plenty of his buddies will be there. Plus he doesn't need to be in Ibiza until the Tuesday. #itsahardlife :)

Yeah cox loves a bit of a party. Like Dave Seaman the Dj they treat it as a break away from their schedule and have a party