NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

13 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Haven't posted on here in years but this line up, personally, is one of the best I've seen. I basically need to go but my usual group of mates can't go for various reasons.

anyone on here been to this by themselves? Any advise?

Wondering about this myself. 

So tempted but had a bit of a bad time at Primavera on my own. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Sounds alright that. Toilets/showers?

2 hours ago, bocumaroy said:

Does it not get ludicrously hot to camp in a tent?

Yes yoilets and showers all over the campsite. Never camped at Lisbon bit if its anything like any other european festivals/places ive camped you'll wake up dripped in sweat far too early yearning for a cold shower.

49 minutes ago, Richi1988 said:

Yes yoilets and showers all over the campsite. Never camped at Lisbon bit if its anything like any other european festivals/places ive camped you'll wake up dripped in sweat far too early yearning for a cold shower.

Yeah I've never done camping in Europe but I can imagine it not being ideal. Might go for the hostel package. 

Edited by bocumaroy

Just booked tickets for this... just couldn't resist the line-up!
Looking for some tips on where to stay, the logistics of getting too and from the festival site etc.

Would preferably like to be somewhere with a pool - someone said Cascais is a good area to stay, but not sure if it would be a nightmare getting home in the early hours every night!

11 minutes ago, stevieweevil said:

Just booked tickets for this... just couldn't resist the line-up!
Looking for some tips on where to stay, the logistics of getting too and from the festival site etc.

Would preferably like to be somewhere with a pool - someone said Cascais is a good area to stay, but not sure if it would be a nightmare getting home in the early hours every night!

Centre of Lisbon is probably your best bet, easy access to & from the festival even in the early hours & it's a wonderful city to explore. 

Cascais is beautiful but it's quite a way from the festival, I don't think the train runs in the early hours either so it could be difficult. If you're stopping for a few days before/after then I'd recommend making the trip to Cascais at some point, but I wouldn't personally stay there for the duration of the festival.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

The festival site itself is pretty simple, it's a massive stage surrounded my stall then the other stages are tents, like V or Leeds/Reading, it isn't a huge site in festival terms but there is plenty to do/see. Me, I've had enough of walking around Primavera endlessly.

13 minutes ago, GuyGG said:

What are other possible announcements then?

I have been looking at gaps in schedules and who is touring, what do we think is the likelihood of:

CHVRCHES  

Caribou (seem to have a history of playing?)

Vince Staples

PJ Harvey (under Arcade Fire?)

At The Drive-In (wouldn't just play one show in Europe in the summer)

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Delorean

Major Lazer

MO

The missus and myself have decided to hit this up this Summer.  Absolutely blinder of a line-up so far!

Really hoping At The Drive-In get added.  This reunion tour seems like it'll be a lot fuller than their last stint in 2012 which only hit a couple of festivals if I recall what with the new music and solo dates prior.  Last time they did Beni so might do there again meaning they'll be closeby around the same time.

The girlfriend loves Chvrches so would welcome them as well.

Guessing most of the above would be a toss up between here or Super Bock Super Rock the week after though, so hard to tell at this stage unless the gaps rule them out for SBSR.