No separate Citizen T?!

kezzawizz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have booked in with Lethangie campsite which is around 0.5 miles from site. Similar vibe to citizen T and your car is beside your tent and £40 PP

Sounds like a great deal but only passed my driving test 10 days ago! Would have my licence taken right back off me driving home from T haha

but why shell out £40 when They are clearly advertising citizen T on the official site with images of a seperate area.

Hindsight is a great thing

I was referring to the fact the person who posted has now booked into Tangerine Fields which is far more expensive and having stayed there not that great and has its fair share of incidents such as thefts and people falling on your tent as they are so tightly packed together

Well whaddayouknow! They have buckled. Citizen T is now Blue 1. Or is it. There is no mention of registering or keeping other people separate, just that Citizen T goers from previous years can use Blue1 to meet their friends. Sounds like a panicked half measure to me.

Still no site map up yet though! So, no registration or security in Blue 1....hardly Citizen T, is it? I decided to just bite the bullet and paid for Tangerine Fields, was regretting it yesterday but will wait until after T to see what folks say about Blue 1. Either way, I'm definitely not going to get earlybird tickets for next year until I see the lineup......

There's a petition now appeared on change.org but I think it may be too late for this year. We've forked out for tangerine on the basis that there's no Citizen T now.

https://www.change.org/p/geoff-ellis-t-in-the-park-bring-back-citizen-t

I forked out too. We should form a self-pity group at Tangerine Fields ;-) Edited by kezzawizz

Tangerine fields isn't that great tbh stayed there one year now stay offsite at lethangie for last few years which has great people and you can stick car 2 mins from tent problem with tangerine is tents to close together so people trip and fall and theshower queues are a shambles

Edited by kieranboruc

Oh well...Will definitely look at Lethangie for next year! Where exactly is it? We've got Refresh bands so will use the showers there. For my money, Refresh was worth the flushing toilets next to the arena anyway! Of course, this is all dependent on them letting us see THE BLOODY SITE MAP!!!!

Site maps next week as they announced and they have announced a citizen t alternative

No they haven't, they have said that people could use blue 1 as an alternative to meet up and then avoided all questions. Meanwhile others have shelled out the extra for tangerine fields, which is probably what T wanted in the first place.

I don't get it. All other festivals have family and quiet camping, posher camping, tangerine field style camping and plain old vanilla camping. T are missing a trick.

No they haven't, they have said that people could use blue 1 as an alternative to meet up and then avoided all questions. Meanwhile others have shelled out the extra for tangerine fields, which is probably what T wanted in the first place.

I don't get it. All other festivals have family and quiet camping, posher camping, tangerine field style camping and plain old vanilla camping. T are missing a trick.

I don't get what they thought they'd achieve with this. I only went for Tangerines cos there was no way I'd be able to sell my TT tickets, and equally was there no way I was camping in the main sites with my 14 yr old. No disrespect to anyone, but some of us need a more chilled, safe area....all night parties were once for me, just not any more. Surely all of us at T can be offered options which allow all of us to enjoy the music?

P.S. but hopefully a better line-up more like last year than this year. It's a bit pish......

Ef yes they did did u read their email

Yes I read their email. They will put up a sign saying quieter campsite and not police it. Or in their words "There will be no registration for this area but we will highlight to fellow campers that this area is for quieter campers."

It's not what Citizen T was, it's not an alternative, it's a cop out. 

I forked out too. We should form a self-pity group at Tangerine Fields ;-)

Haha agreed! If you see a lass and her guy mate in their early 30s staggering around tangerine drinking cheap wine cos the tent alone cost them £140, give us a holler and come join us! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I rang the fella from Lethangie to book two spaces last night and he was extremely helpful. Gave me his mobile number incase we had any issues finding the place and said he'd come and get us if we were stuck.

Seems a great set up, would definitely recommend it

I rang the fella from Lethangie to book two spaces last night and he was extremely helpful. Gave me his mobile number incase we had any issues finding the place and said he'd come and get us if we were stuck.

Seems a great set up, would definitely recommend it

Aye stayed with them for few years now a very good set up and good people. Im just a bit concerned re the no walking to/from as he hasnt really clarified how we will do this if we cant walk. Old site had plenty of minibuses running to/from Balado but with the site being so near by and all one way roads not quiet sure how they plan on dealing with this part

Funniest thing I've read on here. Yes it's good to relax in the campsite in the morning but it comes alive at night nothing better than continuing the party into the small hours it's what happens at festivals everywhere if you want to sleep maybe best not camping

Wouldn't say it's the same at festivals everywhere. Glastonbury has loads of really brilliant night clubs,comedians going on and all sorts after the bands finish. So literally the only people back at their tent are people that want to sleep.

Personally don't think getting pished at a campsite is my idea of a party, but that's why I've started just getting tickets for the day that looks best to me for T and going to Glastonbury for the whole weekend.