Help! - Lost Ticket

Tobie_Trice

I honestly can't believe i'm writing this. We have lost our tickets(2 in total)

Girlfriend received them from Post Office and now we cannot find them anywhere in our flat. We have searched high and low all night. Assuming they have been thrown out by the cleaner or another flat mate.

I've been in touch with Glastonbury Festival Office and See Tickets but they state that the Ticket Condition is "No Replacements"

I've read through many of the other threads on the topic, in particular http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/185840-help-friend-has-lost-their-glasto-ticket/page-3 in which a lady states she managed to have a ticket held for her at the gate.

My friend managed to get a replacement ticket! :) She had to go through a lot of proving that she had genuinely lost her ticket and the festival have agreed to retain one at one of the gates, however she doesn't get a physical ticket I don't think - just one guaranteed entry with ID. As you can imagine, she is relieved.

In my case this doesn't seem to be an option for some reason.

Literally clucthing at straws here.

Does anyone have any other advice?

That's totally crap for you.

If you believe they've been thrown out, I assume you've been through your bins/recycle boxes twice, checking between newspaper sheets etc.

Checked handbags, glasto pile and other potential 'safe places' you could've hidden them??

I really hope they turn up for you and sorry I can't be of more help.

Well I think they are able to help at the gate, you can say you lost it on the way to the festival. My friend lost his and they run thorough check if it is really him and if he is suppose to have a ticket. Even ID did not make it. They asked what Facebook friends does he have and what profile picture he has and stuff like it. It was pretty weird but he got his entry bracelet.

Does anyone have any other advice?

I lose things all the time and have developed a well worn strategy. By all means pursue replacements but reconsider whether they are really lost. As you continued to look, you became more and more panicky, and looked in ever more improbable places. Gripped by the thought that they have been thrown out, you've lost heart and no longer look with conviction or properly - instead your mind flits from one idea or another.

I suggest they haven't been thrown out and are still in your flat or about your person. If they were in a blank or addressed envelope, why would anyone throw this out without checking inside? If you can take hold of the idea they are in the flat somewhere, then you are in the right mental place to find them, and have the time to do it.

Start again as if you haven't looked anywhere - specifically go back to the place you looked first - the place you thought it was most likely to be - and look there properly. Take your time, be methodical, do a room at a time. If there is a stack of magazines, don't flick through them half heartedly. Take each one, pick it up, give it a shake, and put it to one side. Could it be a coat pocket that you dont' usually wear, a bag you don't usually use, or the glove box of your car? 

Don't share out the searching. Have only one of you do it, or do it together, or have one of you follow on from the other. If you share it out you will suspect the other isn't doing it properly and get resentful, or even worse, you may both assume the other has looked somewhere neither of you has

If you get through the whole flat, and car, etc  and still cannot find it, then pretend someone has hidden thena s part of a cruel game, and your job is to find it and start all over again. The key is having the conviction that it is there somewhere - if it is and you methodically look everywhere - absolutely everywhere - kitchen, bathroom, under the bed, they will be found. They must be, because they won't have been thrown away - I would put money on it.

I hope that doesn't sound patronising or simplistic - I just know what I'm like when I can't find something important. I hope its of help - 

Edited by sparkythetortoise

Well I think they are able to help at the gate, you can say you lost it on the way to the festival. My friend lost his and they run thorough check if it is really him and if he is suppose to have a ticket. Even ID did not make it. They asked what Facebook friends does he have and what profile picture he has and stuff like it. It was pretty weird but he got his entry bracelet.

This

Almost exactly the same experience for one of my friends in 2013 so I can back up the story above as something that does work! She claimed it must have dropped out her bag during the death march to the gate. 

Almost exactly the same experience for one of my friends in 2013 so I can back up the story above as something that does work! She claimed it must have dropped out her bag during the death march to the gate. 

I spoke to the Glastonbury Office again this afternoon and said that exact same situation. They said if you arrive at the gate and have lost your ticket you will not be allowed in.

Somebody had this last year or year before and looked everywhere or so they thought,. They were found eventually in a drawer they thought they didn't put stuff in,or something like that. Keep looking & good luck.