Back home early

Guest gibbin82

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What didnt you like? Was this you first time? Im shocked that somebody would come home early,what were you expecting? What were you disapointed with?im shocked

Im sitting here at home,depressed that im not at glastonbury and you have people coming home

on a saturday afternoon?

Edited by wbarenno

Really sorry to hear that, I have to say there have been things that have happened at Glasto that have made me throughly fed up with it. But please reconsider I am sure you will have a great time if you just put it behind you and crack on.

What was up with Worthy View? Well what was right with it? Far more people than it could cope with, showers you couldn't use unless you were prepared to spend a long time queuing for them during their opening times, toilets with massive queues that were blocked or closed when you reached them (although they were always clean but who cares about that when all you desperately want is a shit!), the massive hike up the hill when you were knackered at the end of the day (yes, I was aware of it beforehand but you at least expect it to be worth it when you get to the top), the campsite no quieter than the main site since the increase in capacity and closer spacing of tents. And to top it off paying a lot of money for the pleasure of gaining nothing for it except a worse festival experience.

As for the festival, yes there was still something's about it that really make Glasto special, but the overcrowding at the more popular event was unbelievable, in fact my carefully planned itinerary was rendered pointless. First on my list was Baggy Mondays at the Stonebridge Bar, I was there with half hour to spare, but couldn't get in and there was dangerous overcrowding and pushing outside at times threatening the safety of the crowd and tent (the poles at the front of the tent were pushed aside during one crush) With the plan for Baggy Mondays aborted it was on to NYC Downlow for the Tribute to Franky Knuckles, but again couldn't get in. Next day I went to see Blondie admittedly I didn't arrive in plenty of time to get a choice spot but at least expected to get to a reasonable place to see and hear it, but it was so packed you couldn't get near it. It seems as though there were a few things on the line up that were head and shoulders above the rest as regards to popularity and as a result a large the percentage of people headed towards them.

What didnt you like? Was this you first time? Im shocked that somebody would come home early,what were you expecting? What were you disapointed with?im shocked

Im sitting here at home,depressed that im not at glastonbury and you have people coming home

on a saturday afternoon?

on a saturday afternoon?

Mate If I could have your details I my be able to blag my way in.. I am sitting here 10 miles from the site and am desperate to go, the first year in 15 that I have not been able to go. I am sorry that you decide to head home but you could make someones day be helping them to go.

Mate If I could have your details I my be able to blag my way in.. I am sitting here 10 miles from the site and am desperate to go, the first year in 15 that I have not been able to go. I am sorry that you decide to head home but you could make someones day be helping them to go.

You never know things might have started looking up for you this evening!!!! Gotta clear the head, think positive, adjust your itinery, drink beer and GO BACK!!!

Sorry to hear it was crap time so far tho :(

Edited by Narnia

Yeah tell me about it, over £700 for me and my misses (ticket price plus WV cost), plus petrol at approx. £50, it didn't come cheap, but there is only so much you can take before you decide you have had enough and I reached that point on Saturday morning.

Yeah sorry that sounded blunt and I did mean it to, but that's more my bitterness at not being there.

I lost a bit of the funk last year and due to a house move I couldn't go this year. It is hell sat at home and to see your message was not cool.

I am sure you have your reasons and it is a shame it has come to this.

Edited by Starks

Don't get me wrong I love the festival and would still love to be there, I have been looking forward to this since last years festival ended and it was my holiday for this year, but many factors conspired to make me decide to come home and Worthy view was only one of them, (I also had to consider my misses). But if we had been in our own tent on the site and not in a hired tent at WV we would have been still there.

P.S. It wasn't all crap, we met some great people and seen some amazing things.

What was up with Worthy View? Well what was right with it? Far more people than it could cope with, showers you couldn't use unless you were prepared to spend a long time queuing for them during their opening times, toilets with massive queues that were blocked or closed when you reached them (although they were always clean but who cares about that when all you desperately want is a shit!), the massive hike up the hill when you were knackered at the end of the day (yes, I was aware of it beforehand but you at least expect it to be worth it when you get to the top), the campsite no quieter than the main site since the increase in capacity and closer spacing of tents. And to top it off paying a lot of money for the pleasure of gaining nothing for it except a worse festival experience.

Did you not consider sacking WV off, bobbing to millets, getting a tent and pitching up with the happy campers on site? To me this and a more selective, less mainstream, choice of entertainment would've solved most of your problems you've made us aware of so far. With a lovely sunny Sunday forecast, Dolly and Leicester's finest to look forward to, if I were you I'd be planning my 2nd assault on the site in one week -assuming you can get back in without your ticket.