Dry ice

Guest waynewdk

I was the person who mentioned it in the other thread linked to above. In our case it was always in a cool box which was in a well aired awning alongside a caravan.

It was wrapped in a few tea towels and each day a few beers were removed from that box and moved to a bag with ice packs.

Apologies if I've contributed to the inevitable holy war, it's not something I've chosen to take without the more responsible adult that was with us during those previous years.

Love and kisses.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My aussie cousin uses dry ice in his 'esky'. Dry ice is wrapped in loads of newspaper but I hasten to add said esky is always outdoors.

Using/storing it in tented enclosed environment is stupid with possible fatal consequences. Your cooler will NOT be air tight so as the solid co2 heats thus vaporising and increasing the co2 within that confined space. O.5% is the short term upper safety limit in atmosphere up to about 3-4% quickening of breath headaches and feeling nauseous set in 5-10 % unconsciousness over that RIP

And Costco have Igloo Maxicools 60qt in stock now paid £42 for one selling at twice price online. 94qt were about £100