Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Vans last year and got blisters in the first couple of days. I wouldn't say it ruined my holiday but it was an annoyance. This year I'm taking my running trainers as they are really comfortable. If you haven't been before, get ready for alot of walking. Don't worry though, it sweats out the beer from the night before and makes the paella and the beach even better by the time you get there!

Klaxons, Tame Impala, Libertines, Courteeners

haha shoes is not something I had thought about at all. I'm a bit lost as every other European festival I have been to has been gum boots (Wellingtons).

Havi's for the day/beach. Boots for the evenings in the arena...

yeah staying in marin d'or, just the apartments, not sure where yet they tell you when you get there the place is fucking massive

mokes, I wouldn't take boots for night, your feet will sweat off, some birds just wear flip flops, i'd opt for trainers or something like

Yeah I've a good pair of running shoes, might just bring them and converse or something.

Thursday: Chase and Status

Friday: Kasabian and Jake Bugg

Saturday: The Libertines and Ingrosso

Sunday: Paulo Nutini, Alesso and Sub Focus

Is there no Redbull or Jack Daniels tent this year? They were brilliant last year

Has anyone purchased a locker from the new supplier?

I bought one yesterday but haven't heard anything, usually you would get a receipt via email or a ticket or something?

Just don't understand how I am supposed to get a locker without anything to show.

What type of shoes are people bringing? Brought cheap enough shoes from Pennys last year and my feet were in bits after it. I'd love to bring my good shoes but I'd say that dust in the campsite would destroy them. Also is there a party on the beach this year?

Wouldnt bring vans there, would think they'd fall about in a few days. Brought some old nikes last year and they were perfect. The dust just hardens up the shoes and makes the laces rock solid. Converses would be pretty good i guess, apart from the swetty ankles if you've got those ones

times are out, someone do us a clash finder

Just had a quick look. Found 4 clashes already...not happy. 1975-kasabian, razorlight-jake bugg, alesso-sub focus courteeners-paolo...Might even have to leave tame impala early to get a good spot for kasabian. So shit

Edited by Power001

Does Jake Bugg liven things up a bit these days? Seen him twice and there's too much of his slow stuff in there, doesn't get the crowd going at all. I'll swerve him unless his setlist looks decent

Has anyone ordered their shuttlebus pass from here btw:

http://www.

It says to pick up your pass 'If staying in Marina Dor, at our office. At Las Terrazas I, calle EL Embals, behind the new Water Park

If Staying in La Concha beach area, they will be presented to you when you check in to your hotel. Or if you have an apartment in La Concha, they will be presented to you when you pick up your keys from the Restaurant MIRADOR'
I'm staying in la concha area but haven't booked my apartment through this site (I used booking.com). I'm assuming my hotel through booking.com won't be giving passes out there so do I have to go to the office? I've emailed them but got no response.

Still with only half a line-up they managed to do some stupid clashes. The Courteeners and Paolo is the most ridiculous one. Seeing as though they don't have a headliner they could have at least made it so that the biggest bands on that day don't clash.

These organisers really are the biggest bunch of idiots I have seen ever when it comes to an event.

They could have made the website easier to work out clashes, clicking on individual bands to find times sort of takes the piss.

Also, how long is tame impala's set likely to be? They're on at midnight and I'm hoping to see kasabian on the main stage at 1:00, I can't be the only one who wants to see both!

Cheers

They could have made the website easier to work out clashes, clicking on individual bands to find times sort of takes the piss.

Also, how long is tame impala's set likely to be? They're on at midnight and I'm hoping to see kasabian on the main stage at 1:00, I can't be the only one who wants to see both!

Cheers

I cant see them having more than a 45 minute set. So thats like 15 minutes to try and get a good spot for kasabian. Not really good enough. I can understand clashes between lilly allen and manics as they are pretty different audiences but ones like courteeners and paolo are just bad organisation