Silver Hayes Bottleneck

Guest keeno

Last year i tried to get into the silver hayes area twice and both times there was a massive crush. Most of the time you couldn't even move forward or back. Looking at this years map, it seems unchanged. Did anyone else experience this bottleneck issue and do you think they'd be able to do anything to fix it?

I'm assuming you're talking about the bottle neck entering from the direction of the Other stage, just where the water point on the left is. This has been a problem for years and I've often wondered why the don't relocate the water point and toilets slightly further back into Oxlyers to alleviate the bottleneck. You'd lose a small amount of camping but it would seem to be worth it.

It definitely seemed worse last year, and is one of the main reasons why we are no longer camping in Rivermead - on several occasions we ended up walking the VERY long way round through Dairy/Paines/Bushy, to avoid the crush in Silver Hayes, and as my husband has cerebral palsy affecting his walking I ended up almost having to carry him on the Friday night when his legs seized up!

It gets really bad on Thursday night and especially if it's muddy as some have said. What doesn't help as well is people stoping in the entrance to wait for others so it slows everyone down.

A little bit of common sense in there could be a great help. Just wait 20 metres in or out of the area instead of standing in the entrance.

Edited by Divein