Front Page Hijacked

Guest mrtourette

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could someone please do "view source" on that front page and email (webmaster@efestivals.co.uk) the source code to me in a text file, please?

Could people also tell me what operating system and version (windows xp, windows 7, etc) and browser and version (Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 23, etc) they're using?

Still happening Neil. It can't be an infected machine either, as I'm logging on in work and without me going into details of where I am there is absolutely no chance this terminal is at fault.

Hope you get it sorted mate, these things can get seriously frustrating when trying to resolve it.

Still happening Neil. It can't be an infected machine either, as I'm logging on in work and without me going into details of where I am there is absolutely no chance this terminal is at fault.

Hope you get it sorted mate, these things can get seriously frustrating when trying to resolve it.

yeah, I know it can't be infected user's machines, as google wouldn't have indexed the dodgy text if it was.

But what's really feckin' weird is that no one I've had check it can't replicate the problem, and the amount of reports about it being made are too small for it to be affecting many people.

Edited by eFestivals

without me going into details of where I am there is absolutely no chance this terminal is at fault.

yeah, it's well known that there's a belief of everything being 100% proper there for all sorts of different things at that place. :lol:

It's not right for those other things so I doubt it right fort their 'puters either. But anyway, I do know that users computers is not the problem in this instance.

--------

BTW, there's not actually anything risky with the "false" page - it's just some text and some links.

Edited by eFestivals

Nothing out of the ordinary (Java, Adobe). Due to working for 'the man' any kind of downloading or installing plug-ins or programs is heavily restricted so it's just the base version of IE8 without any bells or whistles.