The R+L Section Weekly Review - ENTER NOW

Guest robMUFC96

Feedback needed  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you thinking of posting a review on this post?

• Yes, definitely!
    • Maybe, if I have time
    • Maybe, if the albums are worth it
    • No, it's a useless thread
  2. 2. If yes or maybe, how often will you post?

• One or more per week
    • Once a fortnight
    • Once a month
    • Rarely
    • Never
  3. 3. How many albums should we have each week?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four or more

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I do is don't approach a review like a buyer's guide but instead describe the album in a half-abstract way which uncovers details and interpretations which might not be instantly recognisable; like a supplement to the album almost. Also I focus on making an entertaining piece of writing first, the album second.

Bump, do people want to think about new albums or in what direction this thread should go?

Ill be posting a live review of Twisted Wheel among others on Monday, but not sure what else we could do (unless we make it a place for people to review anything they like - albums, gigs, tracks etc)

They hate Trent, Social network got 8/10, the slip 7/10 and year zero 5/10 of what I can find. But they've been bumming them endlessly since they came back this year, so who knows?

The year zero reviewer is clearly harboring an intense hatred for Trent http://www.nme.com/reviews/nine-inch-nails/8450

I haven't seen the film, but the soundtrack won a golden globe and oscar for best original score didn't it (among 9 total awards)? I think that merits a 10/10 rather than an 8/10!

On personal preference, none of their albums are below 8/10 for me.

Not a 0/10... however http://www.nme.com/reviews/nine-inch-nails/3649 Pitchfork gave it 0.4

I haven't seen the film, but the soundtrack won a golden globe and oscar for best original score didn't it (among 9 total awards)? I think that merits a 10/10 rather than an 8/10!

On personal preference, none of their albums are below 8/10 for me.

Not a 0/10... however http://www.nme.com/reviews/nine-inch-nails/3649 Pitchfork gave it 0.4