First time - where to camp?

Guest Jen_xXX

Hi guys, I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere and apologies, but where is the best place for us to head to camp? We are two girls who have never been before (but majorly excited!!!). We are not one to come back to camp to party...it will be more the case of partying in the festival and coming back to crash I am sure LOL...

We want to go to Shangri La one night and not sure if it be best to camp near the night life or the other side? It is so big and overwhelming we do not really know what gate to head for...any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you :curtsey:

our first time in 2011 we ended up in Bailey's. its quite quiet at night as you dont get any people just 'passing through', but its about 15-20 mins walk back from the south east corner which can seem like a long way at 4am. one plus point is that it doesnt get too muddy when its wet.

This year we are heading down to Oxlyers with some other friends.....I think it may be a slightly different experience!

Last time I went was 1999 - im 41, married with 2 boys, my own business blah blah... and buzzing like a trooper about going!! I cannot fuckin wait!! The first time I went i did not know what to expect ( apart from the fact we jumped the fence back then - never paid! ) and went with the clothes on my back, slept where i fell!! sometimes at the car..but took nothing apart from a pocket full of money and weed!! hahaha!

YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT! My advice is go with no expectations.. and it'll blow your mind.. don't worry about where your camping :bye:

Enjoy....

Pennard Hill is great however you have to get up there early as it fills up so quick, Last few times camped up on the Park area, Just try and stay upwind from the toilets and avoid depressions as mud and rain rolls down hill. And bring earplugs as the silent disco nearby is not :music: