V.i.p ticket/hospitality ticket

Guest Vickicossar

Hi new to the forum but would like to know if anyone has had one of these and what do they get you? Few friends have bought these and I'm wondering if they are a waste of time for the price ? They are from a record label so are they the same thing vip and hospitality ?

Hi new to the forum but would like to know if anyone has had one of these and what do they get you? Few friends have bought these and I'm wondering if they are a waste of time for the price ? They are from a record label so are they the same thing vip and hospitality ?

they sound like standard hospitality passes. They get you access to the hospitality camping area (which is one of the many fields people camp in, tho this one is exclusive to hospitality people), and you also get access to the main 'backstage' hospitality area.

The main 'backstage' hospitality area is nothing special. It has a bar or three, but it's unlikely you'll see anything of interest. The festival is happening outside of backstage.

(last festival I happened to walk thru at about 2pm on the Friday night and it was 100% shut, a ghost town. Not a soul to be seen).

Whether they're worth the money is your own value judgement to make.

Two of my mates have picked up the same sort of tickets via someone else we know who works for a record label. They missed out on the normal sales, and this was their only way into the festival.

They will be camping in the normal bits not backstage!!

Agreed, best thing about it is the cut through between the Pyramid and Other stage. I did once see Charles Kennedy back there, when he was Lib Dem leader, looking rather sloshed with a fag in one hand and pint in the other. Got my vote.

Also saw a woman off Eastenders crying her eyes out. I don't think Kennedy had anything to do with it.