Hexi Stove

Guest JessLea

I have recently bought a hexi stove for this year and was thinking if its rubbish weather rather than burning a hole in my tent (not a good idea) to use it outside...would 2 umbrellas do the trick to block the wind. Dont really wanna carry a windbreaker and umbrellas you can get from poundland!!

Thank you very much :) I was reading on the website about what you can and can't take. I took a gas stove last year without realising you weren't allowed. I used it safely etc however I have decided to actually read the T&C's this year.

I find BBQ's a bit bulky and your limited as to what you can cook on them.

Do you use the round fuel blocks or the square ones? I have bought round however haven't heard good things about them...

How strict is the rule with the gas canisters? I too didn't read the T&Cs until now. Never had any problems at other festivals, its stored safety and only used for cooking (obviously!) but then if I'm likely to get kicked out for cooking some pasta then I'm not really interested in bringing it.

How strict is the rule with the gas canisters? I too didn't read the T&Cs until now. Never had any problems at other festivals, its stored safety and only used for cooking (obviously!) but then if I'm likely to get kicked out for cooking some pasta then I'm not really interested in bringing it.

Fair point - I think maybe I just like my super stable gas stove. I have a Hexi Stove and plenty of tablets. Those bins filled of 'bad' things are depressing. As you watch someone throw in 3 bottles of jager and other spirits you want to go I HAVE A SPARE PLASTIC BOTTLE. STOP THIS MADNESS.

If I remember to bring the hexi stove I will bring that. Going to try and keep food buying to a minimum so will be doing a fair bit of cooking.

Fair point - I think maybe I just like my super stable gas stove. I have a Hexi Stove and plenty of tablets. Those bins filled of 'bad' things are depressing. As you watch someone throw in 3 bottles of jager and other spirits you want to go I HAVE A SPARE PLASTIC BOTTLE. STOP THIS MADNESS.

If I remember to bring the hexi stove I will bring that. Going to try and keep food buying to a minimum so will be doing a fair bit of cooking.

I have planned for 3 meals max from the food places there. I have so much food it's unreal. I plan on eating lots of pancakes for breakfast each morning :-) We have our little pots of milk, cereal bars and various food in bags. More food then clothes I think!

Got the Hexi stove all sorted to.

I have planned for 3 meals max from the food places there. I have so much food it's unreal. I plan on eating lots of pancakes for breakfast each morning :-) We have our little pots of milk, cereal bars and various food in bags. More food then clothes I think!

Got the Hexi stove all sorted to.

Was £4 last time. It's hopefully a barrier they won't pass this year but Download always was the most expensive for beer in the past out of teh fests I attend and they have caught up so I wouldn't be surprised if they did notch it up again. £4.75 = piss take.