Can Kids be dropped off at the site for the weekend?

Guest beermonster_c

Wonder if any of you guys can help me.

We had planned to take our 2 Nieces for the first time this year, aged 6 & 8 for the full festival.

Due to family commitments they can now only come Friday afternoon onwards.

The kids Dad (my brother) is happy to drive them down and meet me at the festival to drop them off. Kids have got their hearts set on coming with us and the weekend is better than not at all but I'm not sure about the logistics and could do with advice / other people's experience.

My brother hasn't got a ticket (silly boy doesn't want one either) or parking permit, will he be able to meet me at a pedestrian Gate?

If not can he use the shuttle bus from drop off point to Gate A without a ticket?

Anyone used the paid bus service to Shepton Mallet / Glastonbury? I don't really want to leave site but is this easier than him getting to me?

Most importantly, will there be any issue getting the kids in Friday afternoon for the 1st time if I've been there since Wednesday? If I leave site to get them I'll have a pass out etc. Are kids given a pass out if they leave site?

We've been looking forward to taking the kids to the festival so this is a massive disappointment they can't come for the whole festival (this is not an option at all).

Really appreciate some advice on how best to get around this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kids don't need any sort of ticket so they can come and go as they please I thought (no pass out needed). They don't get a wristband or anything - just come in with adults. I'm not sure whether it's meant to be 1 child to 1 adult but I havent seen anything saying this so I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.

phone the festival and ask i wouldnt be surprised that if you explain the situation they may be able to give you some sort of emaily thingy .people CAN get near the festi [thats why there a drop off point ]with out a ticket but it may help if you did have some thing to show the security just incase that way you may be able to have them dropped off at the bus station drop point . :beach:

Edited by guypjfreak

unless they have prior permission the driver may be charged £50 service charge ' if they get close enough '
Use of the Festival Bus Station is free if booked in advance. Any arrivals that aren’t booked in advance will be charged a £50 service charge.
the problem is that is a busy place and I am sure they don't want random cars showing up + if they allow one car to drop off all of a sudden there will be tons doing it.

Thanks guypjfreak & glasto worker.

I am sure the festival office is really busy so close to the festival and I didn't want to impose on them about such a minor issue for them in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not looking to be an exception to the rules on this one, just trying to work out what's workable within what's there already.

Interesting about the £50 charge glasto-worker. I did see that but read it as a charge if a private coach turned up there without booking, not a car.

Done some more digging and see the Drop off point at Bath & West Showground is about 4 miles away from the site so this probably the easiest place to arrange.

Anyone know how frequently the shuttle buses run on the Friday afternoon and how long I should allow for a return trip?

Thanks guypjfreak & glasto worker.

I am sure the festival office is really busy so close to the festival and I didn't want to impose on them about such a minor issue for them in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not looking to be an exception to the rules on this one, just trying to work out what's workable within what's there already.

Interesting about the £50 charge glasto-worker. I did see that but read it as a charge if a private coach turned up there without booking, not a car.

Done some more digging and see the Drop off point at Bath & West Showground is about 4 miles away from the site so this probably the easiest place to arrange.

Anyone know how frequently the shuttle buses run on the Friday afternoon and how long I should allow for a return trip?