Guest RicXX

20, Female from Liverpool - 3 Day Camping

Iya, basically getting too the point! Me and my friends have bought the 3day standard camping tickets, we've never been too creamfields before and have a few questions about it! Also, as only two of us are going were looking for meeting up with people there... girls or boys!? More the better :D

1: What about if you dont like crates, are you able too bring two bottles of spirits instead?

2: Is there hot water too make noodles and soup and that?

3: How much normally is the wheel barrows too carry our camping gear?

4: Best way of sneaking more alcohol into the camp?

5: How is best too find your tent? Knowing myself im defo going too loose it!

Any-one travelling from liverpool?

It's my first time at creamfields too but here are my answers :) hope you find them useful

Is there hot water too make noodles and soup and that?

Don't think so, but bring a BBQ an heat up some water. Old school ;)

Best way of sneaking more alcohol into the camp?

I imagine they'll not go through everyones luggage to see how much booze you've brought so, i guess if you seal it in something obscure you'll be fine/

How is best too find your tent? Knowing myself im defo going too loose it!

If you place it near a point of interest or somewhere memorable. Or better still place it near another newby like me ha!

See you there

• 2 weeks later...

In answer to your questions, all festival security can be abit funny if they want to be. But most of the things you want to do you should be fine with.

In answer to 1. In my experience of festivals in the past Inc. creamfields, ive emptied like a big bottle of water or something like that and poured my spirits into that. Just avoids all the funniness from security. They aren't a big fan of the whole glass bottle malarkey. But if you hide it well in your bag you can get away with taking glass bottles of spirits in.

2. There isn't many places to get hot water, but there is plenty of food vendors like burger vans and that, if there in a decent mood they might let you have some hot water. If not you can pick up whats called a Hexi Stove. Its just a little metal tray which comes with Hexi fuel, (Little Squares or Circles that you burn) you can use these for boiling water/cooking ect. you can get hexi stoves at any camping store/online easily.

3. I think the wheel barrows are either 10 or 20 quid, but you get that back if you return it In one piece as far as I remember.

4. There isn't really a good way of sneaking alcohol into the camp. they allow you to take a good amount so you should be fine. But if you are wanting to take shit loads, then my mates last year bought a 6 pack of highland spring water and filled them all up with vodka.

5. You'd be surprised how easy it is to find your tent. You get used to the people and tents around you. Use land marks, like I always use the path, or other peoples tents or food vans and think "right my tent is near here" but if your really bothered you can take a flag, that's what some people do, but I guarantee it will more than likely get nicked by some pissed up or drugged up idiot.

There you go :)

• 4 weeks later...

In regards to finding your tent just remember what zone you're in first and foremost. A few times I nearly walked into someone else's tent. It's quite likely someone will have the same tent as you so easy to get mixed up. Maybe decorate your tent to make it more unique or some people pitch a flag.

In terms of sneaking in drink I didn't do that last year but I recall that a female group member had her clothes bag searched, however, she had placed some feminine hygiene products on top so as soon as the guy upended the bag and clocked them he got a Beamer and sent her on her way. So perhaps that's an idea?

• 3 weeks later...

In past years plenty of people have went to the burger vans etc for hot water.. Sure they charge you a quid like.

As for sneaking drink in, I've stashed a bottle of vodka rolled up in my sleeping bag and rolled up in my tent before, all at your own risk though.

And no you can't take 2 bottles of spirits, I wondered the same on my first time but they said no, if you're not a lager fan, just get a crate of kopparberg or wkd or something so long as it gets put in plastic bottles (unless its in cans) you'll be fine! =)

Last year the barrows were £20 & a £40 deposit. I think you got (I can't remember exactly) either 2 or 3 hours to return it to the spot inside the campsite for your deposit back.

They weren't really of much use. I shitty wheel, 2 metal rods & a tarpaulin between them.