Looking for an answer or advice ?

Guest ramragon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant say ive heard anyone moaning theyve been hit by a cup of lash, the toiltets are pretty close to the main stage and it doesnt take you long to get through the crowds. The other tents arent massive so I can see it being an issue in them, cant even remember seeing cups flying in the calling out tent when ive been in it.

ive never seen anything thrown in any of the tents, i got sconned on the bonce by a can while watching feeder last year but didnt see anyone even slashing in a pint let alone throwing one. Like you say Ram the bogs are literally next to the stage and its not as if you need to save your place at the front of the stage, most of the time you can just walk up to the "mosh pit" and be 5 rows from the front!

The prices are normally comparable so I would guess wine or shots will be a similar price, think the prices were reasonable last year.

No idea on phone charge place, learned a long time ago that spare batteries fully charged where the way to go and an older phone to go with them.

Hello all!!!! I've just purchased a last minute ticket for my brother on ticketline as it is only 4 days away from KC I went for the pick up from box office option........Does anyone know if the box office is on site and where it will be located???? Thanks in advance....

I'm currently struggling to figure out where the hell the place is/to get to.

The email they sent out says it is at CA10 3DY

However, on their webpage the link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=CA10+2HN&sll=55.182004,-3.136597&sspn=2.305358,6.317139&ie=UTF8&ll=54.600859,-2.719653&spn=0.009136,0.024676&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr which is postcode CA10 2HN.

Looking at google maps, that is approximately 2 miles North of the addressed location.

It goes to say for people arriving from either North or South to take the Junction 39 exit...fair enough for those coming from the South, but surely those from the North would be better taking Junction 40, and heading straight down the A6 from there at the main penrith roundabout. As J39 is an extra 8 miles south, so they'd be travelling 8 down and 8 back up again (ish)

We'll be coming from the A66 north east general direction, so using the postcode CA10 2HN rather than the one on the emailed page looks like it recommends leaving the A66, cutting through Bolton and Melkinthorpe (or just take the Shap A6 turnoff at the Penrith hospital roundabout

Edited by midnighttuck

I'm currently struggling to figure out where the hell the place is/to get to.

The email they sent out says it is at CA10 3DY

However, on their webpage the link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=CA10+2HN&sll=55.182004,-3.136597&sspn=2.305358,6.317139&ie=UTF8&ll=54.600859,-2.719653&spn=0.009136,0.024676&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr which is postcode CA10 2HN.

Looking at google maps, that is approximately 2 miles North of the addressed location.

It goes to say for people arriving from either North or South to take the Junction 39 exit...fair enough for those coming from the South, but surely those from the North would be better taking Junction 40, and heading straight down the A6 from there at the main penrith roundabout.

We'll be coming from the A66 north east general direction, so using the postcode CA10 2HN rather than the one on the emailed page looks like it recommends leaving the A66, cutting through Bolton and Melkinthorpe (or just take the Shap A6 turnoff at the Penrith hospital roundabout

Hello all!!!! I've just purchased a last minute ticket for my brother on ticketline as it is only 4 days away from KC I went for the pick up from box office option........Does anyone know if the box office is on site and where it will be located???? Thanks in advance....

Hi there, the box office last year was just a portacabin located to the right of the main entrance, i had to pick my tickets up from there and as long as youve got some ID you should be fine. you may also need the card you booked the tickets with tho.

For those that bought their emperors tickets at the time of release, I understand from the general info pack online that there's a separate one sent out relating to emperors?

Can anyone tell me if there's anything terribly exciting that I should know from this? As we got our tickets from individual sellers recently so won't be getting one.

And can any previous KC goers give me an idea of how the site responds to excess water!? Significant amounts of rain is looking like a possibility!

Cheers!

For those that bought their emperors tickets at the time of release, I understand from the general info pack online that there's a separate one sent out relating to emperors?

Can anyone tell me if there's anything terribly exciting that I should know from this? As we got our tickets from individual sellers recently so won't be getting one.

And can any previous KC goers give me an idea of how the site responds to excess water!? Significant amounts of rain is looking like a possibility!

Cheers!

As far as I can remember there were no leccy points in camping - I might be wrong. Otherwise people would huddle in the showers charging their phones I reckon.

Wasn't there a hairdressers on site last year? Or am I getting it confused with Glastonbury?

Least helpful reply ever.......