Y Not Festival

Guest Com Truise

Has anyone done the new planner thing on the website yet? My Friday's looking a bit empty but at least it gives me chance to sleep Thursday's hangover off ;) It wouldn't let me put DLS VS SP because half of their set clashes with Mystery Jets but I intend to watch a bit of both.

15gawx.jpg

Edited by xxtinkerbellxx

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Darkness are a brilliant booking. Darkness,Horrors and Cribs are a very strong set of headliners considering the size of the festival and the price. And all offer something different whilst remaining inside the same sort of demographic. Permission to land, whilst the Darkness are abit camp and silly, is a great album.

Has anyone done the new planner thing on the website yet? My Friday's looking a bit empty but at least it gives me chance to sleep Thursday's hangover off ;) It wouldn't let me put DLS VS SP because half of their set clashes with Mystery Jets but I intend to watch a bit of both.

15gawx.jpg

Edited by mrtourette

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm thinking of coming to Y Not with some mates (were all 16) was wondering what kinda age range is there and what kind of "vibe" it is?

I really like the bands announced (especially The Cribs, The Horrors and Mystery Jets) was just curious about the above?

So I'm thinking of coming to Y Not with some mates (were all 16) was wondering what kinda age range is there and what kind of "vibe" it is?

I really like the bands announced (especially The Cribs, The Horrors and Mystery Jets) was just curious about the above?

If your going for the actual music then I would definitely recommend it but if your going more for the drinking side of things then I'd give it a miss. They actually ID anyone they think looks under 21 on entry to the festival and if you can't prove your over 18 they will confiscate any beer you have on you. Security were pretty hot on taking cans off anyone wandering round the site last year too if they were under 18.

Take the risk if you want, but if you get caught don't get all pissy about it.

I work at festivals, usually on the gate and I hate it when some gobby 17 year old gets caught trying to bring booze in and flips out. You're breaking the law, you got caught, just give up and get on with your weekend.

I never understand that reaction, kicking off is not going to get your booze back, a security guard is not going to go 'nice rant and i think you called me a c**t 4 times so have your booze back'

Just to say this isn't aimed at you, more just me venting my frustration at one aspect of underage drinking at festivals

Yeah two years ago it was just that wristband thing, one for over 18s n one for under 18s. We went on the Thursday last year so didn't really have to queue. Have to admit felt quite sorry for all the youngsters dragging all their crates up to the entrance just to have them confiscated haha. They had 3 or 4 wheelie bins on the entrance that they were putting them all in, would love to know what happened to it all!

Me and my 2 mates (we were 16) had no problems with that when we went in, security bloke searched my bag, found my cans, all he said was "Just cans?" I was like yeah, and he let me through. Searched my mates bag, found his cans, then found his jar of jam, just confiscated the jam because it was glass :sarcastic:

You must of been lucky then! I was camped right next to the entrance and just watched people have their beer taken off them all weekend. Maybe its because you didn't have a lot? It was crates, bottles of vodka etc they were taking off people really not just the odd few. We got sent back to the car with some of ours as we were over the allowance, just went back later on and smuggled it in ;)

What is the allowance? Never been to a festival where they actually had an official allowance and it doesn't say on the site. Always tended to be that you had to be way over what you could humanly drink for them to take any notice

Edited by xxtinkerbellxx